subscripfion c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
i have for quite some time been seriously considering totally abandoning subscription tv. i will not bow down to the pizza dish contracts or high cable prices.

i like skyvision and srl. now since scott has been threatened by the big fascist superMoto because users were trying to promote those products and extend their useful life, i am cancelling my subscriptions. screw all the programmers, screw motard, hell with all of them. i know this seems a little bold but i am sick of the jr high drama from these corporate greedsters. i am done period. i hate it for srl but honestly this business model is not satisfying me.

i have for quite some time been seriously considering totally abandoning subscription tv. i will not bow down to the pizza dish contracts or high cable prices.

i like skyvision and srl. now since scott has been threatened by the big fascist superMoto because users were trying to promote those products and extend their useful life, i am cancelling my subscriptions. screw all the programmers, screw motard, hell with all of them. i know this seems a little bold but i am sick of the jr high drama from these corporate greedsters. i am done period. i hate it for srl but honestly this business model is not satisfying me.

Can't blame you, there are happier hobbies and things to do!

:rolleyes:

I thought I would have been one of the last holdouts for the 4DTV-H2H subscribers but I moved on as well. It took some getting used to but it's not so bad. I still enjoy my FTA as always but now everyone else gets what they want too. There's no going back now and I can reposition my 105W dish somewhere else. The lack of core programming was the biggest reason and was tired of waiting for something positive to happen. I probably should have done this a year ago when everyone else did but I did give a chance.

Now I have all the channels I wanted, DVR, HD and a EPG that isn't a 1/2 hour off and on a different channel if it worked at all and with no contract. After the initial upfront costs, the monthly bill isn't much different than the combined packages I had.

I'm still a C-Bander H2H subscriber but I am slowly loosing interest in it due to the lack of better programming choices & the lack of HD.

And a lot of promises haven't come through.

i liked c band the way it used to be. i like the master feeds and the used to be lower rates along with the large ala carte selection. Motard-ola is just another mega crooked corporation worried that everyone is not bowing down to them. screw them and programmers/channel owners. i am buying a new motorcycle so...that money can pay the insurance on it!...i am done, out, finished, quit. i am sick of the information banners everytime you turn around "If you are a Crooked Cable Inc customer-you may not receive this channel after (insert date). contract negotiations have not been reached. we recommend you contact your provider and demand them to keep this channel"....Bs

Instead of watching life...............Go live it.

I know I've been getting sucked into the TV Zombie land myself lately & I think I want to get back to real life again.

I have a DSR 410 but let my subscription lapse just because they didnt carry anything I actually watch. I was only subsribing to support the hobby... but then I thought about it more and realized I was pissing away good money for nothing.

Some people will blame C Bands demise on the DBS dishes, but I blame GI / Motorola who really killed things even before DBS was a major player. With the entire fiasco of just trying to get the 4DTV to market was enough for me to see the writing was on the wall.

While I applaud those who are trying to keep things running for their enginuity and passion for the hobby I also realize that their work is not going to bring back things that are now gone.

yup, when the 905 came out it should have been $99.00 not $399.95 or more, thats was a huge mistake. And then those morons that complained when Motorola wanted $1 a month for the guide after they took over GI, to keep it going and add features, instead they got sued by two cheap ass dudes and from there they basically lost all interest, oh well, if the dsr 600 is not made to work for subs at least on amc-18 then it's just a matter of time before all the battery's die or s2 kicks in.

My DSR905 sidecar was $169 new from Skyvision in 2002. It was a fraction of what the 920s cost back then. I thought it was cool to get so many new channels from the same satellites and the digital programming didn't cost any extra back then over the analog subscription.

This forum feels much friendlier than it did last week at this time. Opinions & facts were constantly bringing hate & discontent to the forum not to mention all the prodding & goading & misconceptions that were going on. It feels good to be able to discuss C-Band without the high pressure, one sided opinions.

I know people use to whine about the picture quality of the NPS channels (mainly the more common networks) but at least you had the option of subscribing.
If 4DTV had A&E and TruTV I'd be all over it as those 2 stations I watch alot of :)

If 4DTV had A&E and TruTV I'd be all over it as those 2 stations I watch alot of :)

Everyone has there favorite channels and must go where they must to get them. I like music and H2H offers the most music channels. Comcast comes close on cable by me but thats it. Too bad the small dish companies and cable didn't offer small nitch packs or alacarte. That would be accepted I'm sure with many.

Everyone has there favorite channels and must go where they must to get them. I like music and H2H offers the most music channels. Comcast comes close on cable by me but thats it. Too bad the small dish companies and cable didn't offer small nitch packs or alacarte. That would be accepted I'm sure with many.

It's good to see you posting again. I thought we lost ya. I was going to join your forum. But, i figured you would throw me out before i ever made a post.:)
Anyways, I hope the guy who said he's ready to invest some serious coin in a new receiver to be used with HITS isn't just throwing out false hopes in a last minute attempt to save his
H2H reseller business! Call me skeptical! But, the writings been on the wall for years and nobody's did anything about it back when the subscriber base was alot bigger. Why all the sudden. Now?

This cash guy should call Shaw and get the dsr 600 fixed to sub to hits then we will be in business, as the receiver is already made, he mite have to deal with Shaw, I heard Shaw writes there in home software not sure though, I see these receivers in Canada for under $100. Even if we had to pay $199 and srl had to pony up a small royalty fee per activation since Shaw invested so much into the receivers production it would be awesome.

I was tempted on buying one just to play with, and see if I can lock something off the bud, but no time and that $100 can pay bills :)

My DSR905 sidecar was $169 new from Skyvision in 2002. It was a fraction of what the 920s cost back then. I thought it was cool to get so many new channels from the same satellites and the digital programming didn't cost any extra back then over the analog subscription.

Ya the price did drop after most scrapped there systems. Skyvision had them for $199.99 then I think it went lower but this was after the $399.95 I have the old Skyvisions catalogs with the prices, if they came out at that price it would have been great, well $99.00 would have changed the way things are today but oh well, poor management decisions at Motorola I guess but again probably comes down to those cheap morons that sued them, I guess they didn't want to sell the receivers at or near cost as they knew they would not make much off them anyways since there extra cash from the guide idea lost them money in court... That was probably the worse thing, basically the 4d user did it to them self, wonder if those guys even still use the system?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tvropro Everyone has there favorite channels and must go where they must to get them. I like music and H2H offers the most music channels. Comcast comes close on cable by me but thats it. Too bad the small dish companies and cable didn't offer small nitch packs or alacarte. That would be accepted I'm sure with many.

It's good to see you posting again. I thought we lost ya. I was going to join your forum. But, i figured you would throw me out before i ever made a post.:)
Anyways, I hope the guy who said he's ready to invest some serious coin in a new receiver to be used with HITS isn't just throwing out false hopes in a last minute attempt to save his
H2H reseller business! Call me skeptical! But, the writings been on the wall for years and nobody's did anything about it back when the subscriber base was alot bigger. Why all the sudden. Now?

I haven't joined that new forum either for the same reason. I know I would probably not be accepted.
Even if I was accepted, I would be banned the first time I question H2H, discuss or compare other systems to it.

Ya the price did drop after most scrapped there systems. Skyvision had them for $199.99 then I think it went lower but this was after the $399.95 I have the old Skyvisions catalogs with the prices, if they came out at that price it would have been great, well $99.00 would have changed the way things are today but oh well, poor management decisions at Motorola I guess but again probably comes down to those cheap morons that sued them, I guess they didn't want to sell the receivers at or near cost as they knew they would not make much off them anyways since there extra cash from the guide idea lost them money in court... That was probably the worse thing, basically the 4d user did it to them self, wonder if those guys even still use the system?

I bet those guys won enough money to get locked into a cookie cutter dish 2 year deal hahahaha.

I don't understand Mtrla's position in all of this now that they abandoned their receivers. What do they have vested as far as satellites and programming? I am completely lost why they still don't offer programming if it is still being transmitted on the satellites encrypted or whatever.

i love ota radio and tv
Nice to hear a supporter of local broadcasters, too!

I still choose some channels on H2H, but more and more, I find myself on FTA and what is on the streaming video services, many of the "free" ones, too! My viewing habits change over time, but I'll probably maintain some type of sub for as long as its available. I will, happily also continue to help my friends and those interested to convert or install their systems, with the understanding that the service today may not be the same in the future, but that there's always the potential to convert-to or add FTA!

I might continue to sub after my current sub expires and keep subbing as long as there's something to sub to and as long as my 4D keeps working. I suppose I could drop the sub and just get the TV shows and movies via DVD rentals and/or internet streaming when they become available. The video quality will be better than H2H. And there's a lot of good quality video on FTA. So, I guess I'm covered on programming options. Too bad I don't live in a major city where I could get a lot of OTA channels - I get only 6 here. Who knows what the future will bring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)