subscription on a coolsat 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

big_sexy00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
canada
I have a coolsat 6000 with a card reader. Can I use the coolsat to sub to bell? I dint want to have to buy a receiver from them if my coolsat will work.

thanks.

Right, plus....
... all the major subscription satellite TV systems will only authorize their own receivers.
They include, but are not limited to:
- BEV in Canada, or whatever they call themselves today
- StarChoice in Canada . . . " . . . " . . ." . . . "
- Dish Network in USA
- DirecTV in USA

The card reader was for an adult channel that use to be on 97W KU.....and before someone asks its been long gone ;)

also in addition to anole's post
Globecast will only authorize their own (crappy) receivers

okay, lets say for arguments sake that im subbed to bell, and i am also using a coolsat for fta, but i dont want to have 2 receivers on top of my tv. why cant i use my coolsat for my fta and my sub? there must be some programming i can do to the coolsat. these hackers were using the card reader to hack signals, why cant i use my legit card that im paying for???

The hackers werent using the card reader to hack...they loaded illegal software in it. I have owned probably 1/2 dozen pre-owned Coolsat 5000's that I got off Ebay and all had hackware and none had the card reader in it

As for the other...Bell, Dish, Directv, Shaw and Globecast will only authorize THEIR receiver...plain and simple. If I take a Dish 301 and call Bell and try to activate it (even though the Bell 3100 is EXACTLY the same as Dish 301 but different software and card #) they wont authorize it.

ok so ive been subbed to bell for a couple of years now and im still curious about using my card reader in my coolsat 6000 so i dont have 2 receivers cluttering the area. has anybody seen a way to use my bel card in my coolsat?

ok so ive been subbed to bell for a couple of years now and im still curious about using my card reader in my coolsat 6000 so i dont have 2 receivers cluttering the area. has anybody seen a way to use my bel card in my coolsat?

Dude, it can't be done. Give it up. NOTHING has changed in a couple years, and it never will. If you just refuse to believe us, call BELL on the phone and ask THEM if you can use it as a subscription receiver.

There is NOBODY on this site that is using a FTA satellite receiver to SUB to Bell OR Dish OR DirecTv.

the providers want total control over the receiver,which they wouldn't have if it were a coolsat.
The coolsat was actually a slightly different model # with the cardreader installed.
Mine died years ago but it either changed the model number or added a + to it.

Yeah, the last thing pizza providers want is customers getting unlimited free DVR service.

Besides, from a strictly logistical point of view, how would they train their techs to provide support for the multitude of FTA receivers on the market?

yeah, they would have to learn how to use non bandstacked LNBS!!!!!!!!!!!
rofl, just kidding..

k, after we get it working for a bell sub, next we need to get it to do 4:2:2

:deadhorse:

:facepalm

Just kidding, but they were nice boxes, shame they cant do more since they do great bandstacked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)