Subscription---On The Fence

CaptMike

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi..

currently a Dish customer. Thinking about Voom. I think the current promo ($1) is fine but...

Do I want to pay about $50.00/mo for the basic programming plan PLUS another $5/mo for rental for the receiver (or other receiver's).

I'm paying 39.99 now with Dish, however not HD.

On the fence

I'd wait a month or to see how the current situation regarding ownership works out. If a Dolan buys it, it may be worth trying it out.

It's your call but to put it in perspective do you pay extra for high speed internet over dial-up? Is it worth the extra money? (I sure think so)

If you have a hi-def TV that you probably spent thousands on then whats an extra $15.mo???

Time to be a REAL Captain and take helm on this one...MJB

FrankJo said:
I'd wait a month or to see how the current situation regarding ownership works out. If a Dolan buys it, it may be worth trying it out.

I don't understand this train of thought. Why wait a month??? The $1 install is still $1. Besides maybe being out 1 day of work for the install what's there to lose? Even if the company goes south you still have had all the HD for the time

Wait, I finally figured it out. The "wait-to-see-what-happens" guys have a point. There is an issue with getting addicted to HDTV viewing, especially with VOOM. Think of the withdrawls if it ever went away??? Well as I believe Shakespeare put it, I'd rather have watched and lost than never have watched at all...

Had it installed yesterday , I'm a VERY HAPPY customer . OTA works great HD channels is fantastic ............
You really can't go wrong /w it .......

,,..................................NM2046

Go Voom. Even if they go belly up (I pray they dont), you get the Motorola box, Dish and OTA for $1 and can enjoy the best HD content available. I used to be a Dish customer, for 2 months, I dont know how people can look at the picture they transmit. It sucks bad. The difference between Voom's PQ and Dish's PQ is like comparing a progressive scan DVD to a 3 year old VHS tape running on a two head VCR.

Did I mention, GO VOOM!

SactoCal said:
Go Voom. Even if they go belly up (I pray they dont), you get the Motorola box, Dish and OTA for $1 and can enjoy the best HD content available. I used to be a Dish customer, for 2 months, I dont know how people can look at the picture they transmit. It sucks bad. The difference between Voom's PQ and Dish's PQ is like comparing a progressive scan DVD to a 3 year old VHS tape running on a two head VCR.

Did I mention, GO VOOM!

Ok..Ok....I get the messege....I will go Voom.....but I need to buy a HD tv first....perhaps you all can point to a good forum...I'm already researching Hometheatorforum.com. I guess the plasma is the way to go ( ready about the burn it problems). It must be HD ready...no built in chip for me.

Ack! You better hurry. E* announced they are buying VOOMs sat. This is terrible news!

Wrong! Voom is business as usual until the picture goes dark. I think for $1, I would still go with the install. It may be months before everything is finalized and approved. Who knows what will happen in that time. Also, Voom subs may get some incentives from D* or E* to switch when the time comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)