Substituting a Channel Master 1x0.7 dish for a Shaw 75E

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bob Schaefer

Original poster
Jan 9, 2015
AZ
Trying to use a Channel Master 1x0.7-1 in place of a Shaw 75E. I have the dish but not the arm that the Mfg. supplies. Trying to use the xKu LNBF that goes with the 75E but having a hard time finding the sweet spot for the dish. Does anyone have any suggestions on where it needs to be mounted? Looking to pick up the 111 &107 birds. It should work, if I can just find the sweet spot.
Thanks

Reactions: Hockeynut
The 1x0.7 arm is about an inch longer than the 75e arm. I don't know of any other differences than maybe the lnb angle relative to the arm, though I'd expect it to be minor.

I figured out a way to extend the arm easily and adjustable. Tried it in several positions, but can't get a reading on my sat buddy. I'm thinking it has to be the angel. That or my LNB is dead.

A monoblock LNBF usually cannot be moved between dishes. The distance between the two LNBFs (signal convergence points) will vary depending on the reflector FD. Despite that, one Satellite should lock. The second satellite will be the challenge.

the part that bothers me. I can't get the 111 or the 107 to lock in. I get zip on the meter.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Trying to use a Channel Master 1x0.7-1 in place of a Shaw 75E. I have the dish but not the arm that the Mfg. supplies. Trying to use the xKu LNBF that goes with the 75E but having a hard time finding the sweet spot for the dish. Does anyone have any suggestions on where it needs to be mounted? Looking to pick up the 111 &107 birds. It should work, if I can just find the sweet spot.
Thanks
Ok so you have a rare skewable mount 1.0x.7 ch master with 6 deg spacing arm?.Can you post a pic?...

I hooked my Xku lnb to my azbox and scanned vertical for you. Shaw lnb's are boresight, so have to aim at 111. Strong TP is 11770 V 3270. These are the Live channels which are not digicypher. Setting would be 10750 (only 107 G1 is low KU band) and 22khz on.

Catamount

Ok so you have a rare skewable mount 1.0x.7 ch master with 6 deg spacing arm?.Can you post a pic?...
This is what I am working with. I added the wood to extend the arm trying to locate the sweet spot.
P1010817.JPG
P1010818.JPG

The arm length on the 75E is 20 7/8 inches, so the approximate arm length should be 21 7/8 inches, if post #2 is correct

Here're two pics showing some size information. This is a 1x0.7 lnb and arm.

full

full

From your pic, it looks like the lnb is too far away and low.

When I said the 1x0.7 arm is about an inch longer, that's a recollection from when I was looking through a pile of 80 lnb arms looking for the 9 that were for the 1x0.7 dish. the rest were about an inch shorter and for the 75e.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts