Sudden satellite loss on the 722 now????

DallasBill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Plano, Texas, United States
In the past week our VIP722 receiver has exhibited signal loss from the satellites,mind you this is during the day or night and on any of the 3 satellites:mad:

I've checked the signal levels on all 3 birds,great signal on each as it was installed in January no change.

Has anyone else experienced this with their 722 lately?:confused:

In the past week our VIP722 receiver has exhibited signal loss from the satellites,mind you this is during the day or night and on any of the 3 satellites:mad:

I've checked the signal levels on all 3 birds,great signal on each as it was installed in January no change.

Has anyone else experienced this with their 722 lately?:confused:

could be an underrated connection point in the system somewhere. check the ground block and any wall plates or any other splice in the sat feeds. If the "barrels" dont have blue centers, they are probably under rarted and should be replaced.

if you have your sat feeds or even the power cable from the 722 going thru some kind of surge protector, like those "monster" power strips, bypass it.

I had the same thing happen this afternoon around 4pm when the set was first turned on. We lost both the OTA and sat signals for a short period of time - around 2 to 3 minutes - before they were recovered by changing channels.

This also happened earlier this week - maybe it is a softwarw problem. Anyone else with this problem?

This happened to me twice today on my 622. Changing channels and going back brings it back. I would doubt that a faulty connection would cause this as just changing the channels brings it back.

I had the same thing happen this afternoon around 4pm when the set was first turned on. We lost both the OTA and sat signals for a short period of time - around 2 to 3 minutes - before they were recovered by changing channels.

This also happened earlier this week - maybe it is a softwarw problem. Anyone else with this problem?
This happened to me twice today on my 622. Changing channels and going back brings it back. I would doubt that a faulty connection would cause this as just changing the channels brings it back.

Sounds like the same symptom to me.

Losing singnal

I have a VIP 211 I've had the same issue. I just change channels to get it to come back. I thought it may be thunderstorms in the Orlando area. It is DISH.

this has been randomly happening to me as well. The strange thing is, it will happen for a period of time, then it wont do it for several weeks.

I did a reset on my 722 and the problem went away(soft reset). It happened starting Sunday Morning reset Sunday Afternoon, No more signal loss since.

Last edited:
I did a reset on my 722 and the problem went away(soft reset). It happened starting Sunday Morning reset Sunday Afternoon, No more signal since.

I've had the same problem for the last few days. Resetting will help for a few minutes. I've had no problems today.

I failed to mention in the initial post is that all it takes to bring the picture back up is by hitting the Guide button and there it is:confused:

Glad were not the only one with 722 issues.

Same with my 722.

No doubt in my mind that it is a software issue. My 722 has been acting up ever since it got the 511 upgrade. :mad:

After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that L5.11 is CRAP. That's right, CRAP. Screens going blank, signal loss, erratic fast forward and rewind on the DVR, etc. Did they hit a home run with this version or what???:rolleyes:

when was the 5.11 released? mine has done this for months. Maybe it is an issue that has been there and has just came to the for ground (when i first reported it, no one seemed to care, so i am assuming no one else was getting it)

I have had this problem for a couple of weeks. It started before I got the infamous L 5.11 software. It seems to occur at channel change. Sometimes I get an error message and sometimes it goes to the acquiring satellite mode. After about 30 seconds the channel selected will usually finally appear. Several times either a 10 second or hard reboot has been necessary to get things going again. I also have the fast forward problems from L 5.11. They have managed to turn a great DVR into a piece of junk. Does this have anything to do with the Tivo lawsuit?

few weeks ago I posted here about my problems with 722.
I lost sat on TV1 and in looking at installation menu had zero readings on 110/119
however tv2 worked great.. This went on/off for a few times finally I called Dish.
After a hr or so on the phone they decided to send a repairman.
When he came over he checked out all the wiring including the dish all ok.

I told him this was the 2nd 722 box since Jan 2008. He didn't know why I had problems and replaced the box. I also had problems when changing channels if a OTA channel was out due to reception this box acted up not all the though.
The 622 we had for years and loved it. If I have anymore problems I'm going back to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts