Suddenly it is rare that a Milwaukee Brewers' game is shown in HD

hoophead

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Wisconsin
IIRC, starting the week of 7/11, right after the MLB A/S game about only one game a week is shown in HD. In the past it would be the other way around. Finally reached James Chang in Executive Communications and he had no knowledge of any problems like this. Said he will check into it more and call me back again. I am not saying I will switch to D* because of this it is just not being informed of any problem and wanting to become aware when the problem will be resolved.

This is a known issue. Due to bandwidth restrictions, at times we are not able to broadcast all games in HD. However, we are actively working on expanding our resources to provide even greater coverage for your favorite HD events (e.g. the QPSK to 8PSK receiver swaps). You can use the link below to find out if your games will be in HD

Game Finder Tools

I thought dish just added additonal transponders dedicated for HDRSN's and this issue wasnt suppost to happen any more.... Glad that I have DIRECTV because I dont have to worry about missing any of my games... They are there.. Infact its quite nice having my HDRSN just there when ever I want to watch local sports programming in HD! No need to worry! No fuss no muss!

This is a known issue. Due to bandwidth restrictions, at times we are not able to broadcast all games in HD. However, we are actively working on expanding our resources to provide even greater coverage for your favorite HD events (e.g. the QPSK to 8PSK receiver swaps). You can use the link below to find out if your games will be in HD

Game Finder Tools
Matt - No one here or DBS-talk site have any threads on the subject where the broadcasts have deteriorated to about one game a week. We are all aware of the bandwith problem for years now... As far as the game finder site I used it for a few weeks last season and found it to be somewhat inacurate.

Matt - No one here or DBS-talk site have any threads on the subject where the broadcasts have deteriorated to about one game a week. We are all aware of the bandwith problem for years now...

I would have to agree. If the OP is correct, it would seem something is wrong. One a week?

IIRC, starting the week of 7/11, right after the MLB A/S game about only one game a week is shown in HD. In the past it would be the other way around. Finally reached James Chang in Executive Communications and he had no knowledge of any problems like this. Said he will check into it more and call me back again. I am not saying I will switch to D* because of this it is just not being informed of any problem and wanting to become aware when the problem will be resolved.

Looking at the Game Finder that Matt posted, it looks like the Brewers games tonight and tomorrow (7/27) are on an HDALT channel (443). Can you verify that in your guide??

Looking at the Game Finder that Matt posted, it looks like the Brewers games tonight and tomorrow (7/27) are on an HDALT channel (443). Can you verify that in your guide??
That brings up a great question. Hoophead, did you check the alternate stations?

Brewers game yesterday (7/26) was in HD. Tonight (7/27) game is on ch 449 (same last night I think) also in HD. 443 tonight is showing nothing here (HD Sports Alternate). The OP claims only one game per week in HD, It seems to me more games in high def than that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On that chart, does the 'X' indicate HD? I have been considering a switch to Dish but this schedule would seem to indicate that Twins games are not shown in HD on FSN North.

Sun 7/31 4:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Oakland Athletics - FOXN
Mon 8/01 1:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Oakland Athletics - FOXN
Tue 8/02 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN
Wed 8/03 1:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN
Wed 8/03 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN
Thu 8/04 1:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN
Thu 8/04 10:00 PM Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - FOXN

On that chart, does the 'X' indicate HD? I have been considering a switch to Dish but this schedule would seem to indicate that Twins games are not shown in HD on FSN North.
Nor Pirate games on RTPT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)