Summer Channel Moves: Most Sports / RSN Stations Moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I still had C-band also, (still do just no subs) I got directv for the portability (camping) and migrated to it and when UPN scrambled got dish for the superstations for my Star Trek Fix ;)

Star Trek fix, man I still can't get enough ....
When STNG went away, I had to find something else, so I have been catching Voyager, it seems to be on regularly on Spike most days.

Jimbo

As long as they get this worked out before football season, I'll be a happy camper. I wonder if they'll leave alone those sections where channels are already grouped geographically correct (Comcast Chicago-FSNN-FSNWI) with their HDs (excluding the WI feed).

As far as news, I think they need to put those with CNN as the first of the non-local/PPV channels. Bump the ESPN Suite back to the BTN range and put the BTN up in the low 600s. I suspect their contract with BTN may limit them from doing so though.

As long as they get this worked out before football season, I'll be a happy camper. I wonder if they'll leave alone those sections where channels are already grouped geographically correct (Comcast Chicago-FSNN-FSNWI) with their HDs (excluding the WI feed).

As far as news, I think they need to put those with CNN as the first of the non-local/PPV channels. Bump the ESPN Suite back to the BTN range and put the BTN up in the low 600s. I suspect their contract with BTN may limit them from doing so though.

ESPN already IS in the section with BTN, ESPN 206-216, for some reason the Tennis channel is in there, then the BTN.
Is the Tennis Channel owned by ESPN by chance ?
I could see moving the BTN up to the 600's with the RSN's that would make sense as it really IS a reiginal set of channels.

I think CNN and ESPN's are contractually in those spots.

Jimbo

Sorry if I didn't complete that thought. I meant bump BTN back to the 600s and move the ESPN suite back into the channels that BTN airs on now.

Agreed about Tennis. That seemed a little out of place there. BTN fits right in with the CSTV/CBSC channel. And let's not forget the other conferences that have their own networks coming up in the next year (or two.)

I think a good compromise would be shopping after PPV before news, then news, then ESPN (if it contractually has to be there) then variety channels, and then movies sports music, etc as they are.

In the variety range keep them together by theme (music channels together, etc). Also, they should mirror ESPN with the other sports channels.

Just noticed that MLS channels have been moved to just before The HBO channels. I guess more changes to come.

Star Trek fix, man I still can't get enough ....
When STNG went away, I had to find something else, so I have been catching Voyager, it seems to be on regularly on Spike most days.

Jimbo

STNG is on Scifi every monday.

Channel line-up when completed

If you are like me, you want to see the channels as they will be when done. I have done a quick Excel sheet with the channels ordered by Name, New Channel, & Old Channel. The dates of switchover have been removed since this can be seen on the link provided a few posts ago.

Hope you find value in this list...if not, no biggie. :up

Attachments

• Sports Channels by Name-Content.xls
    37 KB · Views: 113
  • Sports Channels by New Channel.xls
    37 KB · Views: 124
  • Sports Channels by Old Channel.xls
    37 KB · Views: 100
Here is a list of all the channel moves (DirecTV sent over this link at 2:30am this morning)

Here you go. :)

DIRECTV - Sports Channel Changes
Cool... And they are adding two alternative RSN channels for my area (FSN West Alternative and FSN Primeticket Alternative). These are SD only channels. I hope they are not used to bump the Pro sports in HD in place of collegiate sports.

STNG is on Scifi every monday.

I did happen to catch them last Monday, but didn't know it was a regular thing.
Now that were into rerun season, thats great, till Eureka comes back on next month, I think thats on Mondays too.

Thanks Cybok :up

Jimbo

If you are like me, you want to see the channels as they will be when done. I have done a quick Excel sheet with the channels ordered by Name, New Channel, & Old Channel. The dates of switchover have been removed since this can be seen on the link provided a few posts ago.

Hope you find value in this list...if not, no biggie. :up

Curious, what purpose does it serve them to move a FSN channel when they are still in the same 600 count ?
example : FSN Detroit moves from 636 to 663
Why, what does that do for them, why not just keep them there and add new channels into the higher unused portion ... ( I know they are adding some to the high side already)
Although, it does allow all the FSN Detroit and the FSN Ohio's and STO to get in the same area again.

Jimbo

I think like you mentioned at the end, the idea may be to get them in geographical order (from East to West) by "clumps" and then metro channels in order within that clump.

weird channel description

OK, my RSN's are switching over now (Los Angeles based Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket) But I get the following channel description when I tune to the old channel number for Prime Ticket : "Changing to Channel 619; Changing to Channel 694 soon"

Was this a typo or couldn't they make up their minds where to put it?:)

(it is now on 694 by the way)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts