summit source

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just an FYI, somebody posted a link to this place a few days back and I looked it over, liked the variety of merchandise. I was a bit reluctant after reading their 'return merchandise' policy, but I guess most places these days want to charge you 1/3 of the cost of anything, if you return it. But I decided I would try 'em out, ordered a signal combiner gadget for my OTA setup, for about half the radio shack cost lol. And some other cable connectors and things. Late Sunday night last weekend I ordered and the email I got said "expected Delivery Oct 2". This stuff landed today! Looks like quality cable connectors (Perfect Vision brand), the other items seem suitable too. One connector I ordered a pair of, 89cents each, and they are exactly the same as RS, which sells it for 4.19 +tax each...
So anybody who might be thinking of them, my experience has been excellent.
*that might've been Anole who posted their URL, thanks to the original Green one.

A couple of years ago, I placed an order with them. They shipped promptly and I was quite pleased with the quality of their coax. I havent dealt with them in a while, but my expierence with them has also been positive.

I purchased a few times over the years from Summit source, no problems. They still email me specials from time to time.

Whenever I buy anything online from anywhere, I never intend on returning anything even if it's not as described, defective whatever. It needs to be cheap enough I can toss it if need be. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get a refund or return in most cases. eBay is hit or miss but I have scored some awesome deals too.

There's nothing like buying something in a store. You can examine and compare products and speak to someone face to face should there be a problem.

I have never done any business with them, but I see some interesting items.

They have optical and reed sensors for Von Weiss actuators (cheap).

That reed sensor looks just like the one I used when I converted one of my Birdview mounts to the 24 magnet wheel.

Whenever I buy anything online from anywhere, I never intend on returning anything even if it's not as described, defective whatever. It needs to be cheap enough I can toss it if need be. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get a refund or return in most cases.

You just don't know how much I agree with that statement especially in THIS hobby!

Don't think I've mentioned Summit Source in the last couple of years.
I haven't ordered from 'em, but on occasion found good deals there.

Where I do recommend, is MonoPrice.com
They have a wide range of products, and sometimes it's hard to locate exactly what you are looking for.
But I have gone there for audio, video, and optical cables.
In fact, I actually -went- there to decide between two models of wall bracket for my 42" TV.
My buddy got the opposite model from me; it's just personal choice.
Both had tilt & swivel and in/out, held around 200 pounds, and cost $40-$45.
Couple of years later, I ordered up another mount for a buddy and his 56" LCD.
I think that one was around $55.

For other assorted goodies (again, too many items to easily find what you want), try Meritline.com
I've bought from them several times, too.
They are even closer, but I've never visited.
Got my Western Digital media player there, about $80, refurb.
Also ordered up some ear rings with Swarovski Crystal, for a friend. - :up

When I lived in Indiana I ordered right at the warehouse in Fort Wayne. They took my order in one of the front offices and went back to the warehouse and picked it immediately. If I remember right they added a fee for local pickup if the order was under $40 or $50 but I made sure to buy a few items to get over that number. :) Great folks and very satisfied with the purchase!

They need to clean up their website though with all the outdated items. I clicked on several antennas that are no longer sold. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts