Sun Fade in Effect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotTy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Wa
Well, it's that time of the year again. The sun is raining down on us hard here. 80 degrees & the TV has been off for 62 hours & counting.

Oh yeah. H2H 0 quality..... Direct 0 quality..... Dish 0 quality.....Comcast 0 quality.....Cable.0 quality.....OTA....0 quality.

NotTy said:
Oh yeah. H2H 0 quality..... Direct 0 quality..... Dish 0 quality.....Comcast 0 quality.....Cable.0 quality.....OTA....0 quality.

Everything is out? That must be one helluva storm!

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

:rain:We had a good storm roll through with hail and rain just now. Direct went out (nothing new) and it took out my DSL too, it just came back. THE BUD NEVER DIED!!!!!!! :D

Hmm, no problems with the sun here. 90 degrees and mostly sunny here.

Only time I heard of sun fade is sun spots which happened in March. Its been warm here and no issues

Around here the only trouble I might have, is if an LNB MELTS OFF! :eek:
It's been 95-100 every afternoon here for over a week now!:rant::flame:

There's been so much sun the last couple days that I haven't had time or had the desire to watch TV. It's not rain fade phenomena, but sun fade phenomena.

Seems strange that all connected services could fail at once. I would be retracing my exposed outside connections and ground blocks. Any cabling near where a lawn mower or string trimmer could severe it? Any nearby excavation going on?

I dont buy the sun theory one bit this time of year. Gotta be something else

98 yesterday
100 today
everything still trucking along :)

I take sun fade very seriously. One reason I liked the BUD subscriptions was I could cancel my subscription during the summer months when I don't watch any more than a couple hours of TV per week because the sun is out, the weather is nice & I'm usually outside.. Hence sun fade, not to be confused with a solar outage.

so basically the systems are fine...you just dont have the TV on?

Well its 102 right now....I;m staying inside :)

Well its 102 right now....I;m staying inside :)
I have an unstable construction business to run so 102 wouldn't stop me if there was work.
It's 63 & windy here today. Wind fade is in effect today as my one OTA channel keeps tiling.

Send that 63 here :D.Im watching RTV on OTA for a change. Haven't watched RTV for ages. Looking for some tropo but none :(

Last edited:
actually up to 104 now

If I had a job I'd go but no job so I stay inside. I did have to go help my dad get some roofing supplies on a roof we're doing Thursday (suppose to be 70 then) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)