Super Bowl 2008: Patriots vs Giants poll!

Who will win this year Super Bowl?

• Patriots

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 59 51.3%

• Total voters
Well, it was 2 weeks ago that I predicted the Giants winning in this thread, got the margin of victory wrong, but still called the Giants. As did a couple others in the thread.

You are correct but my point was who would have thought they would win the SB prior to the Green Bay or Dallas game? That is why my comment was about predicting it over three weeks ago.

Destined to lose. They had a 14 pt. lead last time, and couldn't win. No reason to think the outcome will change this time. This game will come down to QBing, and we all know who has the better QB. 3 rings and 2 SB MVP's ARE the difference. Pat's by 10.

Geez buddy, give it up! You know nothing about football! I made a fortune betting opposite of anything you predicted this season! The only thing you got right were your comments on the Detroit Lions, (no big accomplishment there, pal.)

Paul, are you responding to yourself in that post? Forgive me for not going back to re-read the first few pages, but it appears you are chastising yourself.

YEAH GIANTS!!!! My Buckeyes may have let me down in the title game the past couple of years, but this helps to ease some of the pain.

As a kid, I remember jumping off the couch in joy when Norwood missed his FG wide right in SB XXV (the last time the Giants won it). When Plaxico caught that floater in the endzone with the 35 seconds left, it was the same feeling of pure joy.

(I was born on Long Island, lived there for 5 years, and my parents raised me to be a die-hard Giants fan.)

Maybe one of you stat freaks can answer this. Are the Giants the first team to make the Super Bowl with a losing (3-5) record at home?
Probably not, since they are a "Wild Card" team. But I don't know for sure.

(BTW: Let's go GIANTS!!!)

To finally answer your question Paul...

Number 3 on this web page, states "The Giants set an unwanted record this season, becoming the only team in history to make football’s showpiece game, despite having a losing home record."

So yes, the 2007 Giants are the first team with a losing home record to make the Super Bowl and now the first team with a losing home record to win the Super Bowl.

What a crazy football season, both college and pro. :eek:

I just noticed your location - suburban DETROIT - and you're a BUCKEYE? Blasphemy! :D
Sadly, many Buckeye grads end up in this craphole of a city due to the wealth of engineering jobs. :p No, it's actually not that bad here. Although this winter has been particularly brutal (took me 1.5 hours to get home tonight instead of the usual 30 minutes).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)