Super Bowl XLIII

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee228

Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Biloxi,MS
No local NBC, nor waiver for distant NBC here. I've got NFL ticket and NFL network (Superfan) etc. But it looks like I won't be able to see the superbowl..BUMMING! The nfl network is doing redzone type coverage with stats and news. Any word if Directv is going to broadcast the game on some channel like last years super bowl..I think it was 701 or 702. Pretty much stinks to not have a superbowl party.

No local NBC, nor waiver for distant NBC here. I've got NFL ticket and NFL network (Superfan) etc. But it looks like I won't be able to see the superbowl..BUMMING! The nfl network is doing redzone type coverage with stats and news. Any word if Directv is going to broadcast the game on some channel like last years super bowl..I think it was 701 or 702. Pretty much stinks to not have a superbowl party.

Nothing on their website about an alternate channel but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the DNS Majors open up their west/east coast feeds for the game. It wont be on any Sunday Ticket Channels, check 392 & 393 to see if they open up NBC due to importance &/or weather.

CALL DIRECTV

You should call directv if you don't have a local nbc affiliate. They will most likely let you have channel 382 or 383 depending on what coast you're located in. I remember I didn't have a local abc affiliate and they added the west coast affiliate of abc station 387 due to not having one locally. I would call directv and let them know that you don't have a local nbc affiliate and if they could add it to your lineup which would be channel 382 or 383. Let us know what happens.

Directv has never done it in the past so I doubt they start now. Try calling Directv and see if they can get a quick waiver for you.

Directv has never done it in the past so I doubt they start now. Try calling Directv and see if they can get a quick waiver for you.

I'm actually quite surprised they haven't treated it like Masters coverage or US Open coverage & offered up a six channel feed of the Superbowl. I would definitely call & get a one day waiver but it will still be interesting if they open up the National DNS feeds for the game.

Thanks for the responses, but I've tried getting a waiver for NBC probably a dozen times now. I have one pending right now as a matter of fact. I did read somewhere, that directv did do last years' superbowl on 701 702...but that was fox and I get that DNS.

Got my local NBC HD today in Springfield Mo. Did not have Fox HD last year but it was on channel 701 I asked Directv 2 weeks ago and they would not give me an answer, said no decision had been made

Guys if you would listen to the podcast, you would then know that there will be NO superbowl feed this year. You have to watch it via DNS or your local affiliate. That is for All providers. Not just D* NBC was the one who decided against this feed.

I'd like to see it on a different channel just because our local NBC station (33-WVLA Baton Rouge) is not very reliable when HD content is involved. I've had to go to the SD version of the station several times, usually Sundays, to get a picture and sound that's even remotely comprehensible.

Those are the SD channels. Hopefully, they get to turn on either 392 or 393.:)

With all the Superbowl "Prop" bets floating around Vegas I've actually booked this one with a friend. I believe they will open up both the West & East feeds for the Superbowl. Will See.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)