super buddy dish locking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

antennanyc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
brooklyn, ny
need a little help, I'm aligning a single feed (dual LNB) antenna for dish network 119 the super buddy meter I'm using only locks on transponder 2 & 7 is that normal. I'm also having trouble with dish receiver(s) 311 wont stop flipping thru transponders ( signal meter on receiver shows no signal) but I have signal on meter. I have 15 311 receivers 5 are doing this 10 are ok. these have been working for 15+ years. This all started happening after the antenna moved and a bad LNB. any ideas

Are you saying transponders 2 and 7 are all that locks? What's the signal strength and dBM's? And that sounds like a bad LNB to me. You're way over due for an upgrade, btw.

Are you saying transponders 2 and 7 are all that locks? What's the signal strength and dBM's? And that sounds like a bad LNB to me. You're way over due for an upgrade, btw.
yes only transponder 2 & 7 are locking. The signal levels on all transponders are between -37 & -44dbm. I have installed a new LNB (switched out a few to be sure) The antenna is feeding 10 receivers that are working, I think the problem might be the receivers but was wondering about the locking on the super buddy

those dBM's seem high. Normally at the dish I get about 26 or so dBM's and signal for the 119 is in the 70's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)