super buddy dish locking

antennanyc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
brooklyn, ny
need a little help, I'm aligning a single feed (dual LNB) antenna for dish network 119 the super buddy meter I'm using only locks on transponder 2 & 7 is that normal. I'm also having trouble with dish receiver(s) 311 wont stop flipping thru transponders ( signal meter on receiver shows no signal) but I have signal on meter. I have 15 311 receivers 5 are doing this 10 are ok. these have been working for 15+ years. This all started happening after the antenna moved and a bad LNB. any ideas

Are you saying transponders 2 and 7 are all that locks? What's the signal strength and dBM's? And that sounds like a bad LNB to me. You're way over due for an upgrade, btw.

Are you saying transponders 2 and 7 are all that locks? What's the signal strength and dBM's? And that sounds like a bad LNB to me. You're way over due for an upgrade, btw.
yes only transponder 2 & 7 are locking. The signal levels on all transponders are between -37 & -44dbm. I have installed a new LNB (switched out a few to be sure) The antenna is feeding 10 receivers that are working, I think the problem might be the receivers but was wondering about the locking on the super buddy

those dBM's seem high. Normally at the dish I get about 26 or so dBM's and signal for the 119 is in the 70's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts