Super Joey is here (at my home)

Had mine installed Saturday and the guy was here before and lives a block over from me that I know and was in and done within and hour had no problems and new exactly what to do and we talked for another 15 minutes and did a great job!! :)

My tech is gone now.....very professional and did a great job. Of course I hit him up for information on dates for new channels and such but he didnt know anything. I didnt figure he would but i had to try. Its funny to look back in time.....I remember installing my first satellite dish myself back around 1994. It cost $700 from Sears.......I had the choice of a receiver made by Phillips or Sony. I bought the Sony and nearly killed myself for a day to install it. 20 years later, you can often get the receiver and installation for free......

Got mine yesterday. Took the installer 2 hours to figure out how to install it. Works great!

Do what I did with my HWS install. Greet the guy at the door with a diagram of how to wire it, TAILORED FOR YOUR HOUSE. I was polite and said I know it can be installed many ways and this was just a suggestion and this way you don't need to go on the roof. All coax was labeled. Too bad he removed the labeling when done. :(

With the wiring diagrams on SatelliteGuys, it was easy to provide. Heck, I even laid extra boards and lighting in the attic for the job. Translation: Less likely to see a foot come thru my ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

yeah, I remeber those good ol days, ussb, primestar, echostar, tripods, flat cables through windows/doors, dual cable runs, directivo, 61.5, 148, weak 129. It was all so exciting.

Its all so easy now.

My dad's black box tracker that got every channel for free.....and then someone got smart and scrambled all the major channels.......but, you could still see them for a split second at a time if you quickly switched from one channel back to the scrambled one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)