Super Old School Cord Cut

I didn't say that there was. I said that you could time shift and not have to miss out on programming that happened while you were working or sleeping (or being unconventional for its own sake).
I think you misunderstood. I was agreeing with you. Time shift rather from VHS to a Tivo or any digital DVR seems to be more popular these days. Lol..as far as I remember is the VHS recorder (assuming that was the first "DVR" of sorts minus the digital part..but I know I've been reading lately it's more about tv viewing around the person instead of live tv "appointments" to watch. I don't have a DVR other than the crappy 20hrs on DTVN. Ironically when I had cable I had the X1 DVR, I recorded a lot, never watched much. For me, on demand like Netflix or Max Go is good. But I honestly was agreeing with you. It's becoming more & more about the "time shift" factor..Spoilers of course are everywhere unfortunately..lol

OK, I have taken up Comfortably Numb's generous offer of a free Zenith digital converter box for just the shipping charges here in our classified section. I have also ordered from Amazon two new blank S-VHS tapes for my JVC S-VHS VCR. With this combination I will be able to record (time-shift) using my current equipment. I know the picture will not be true HD but it should be at least as good as the pre-recorded VHS movies I have been watching which of course are not S-VHS. I get a very reliable signal from the major broadcast affiliates on the Franklin Mountains in El Paso.
It is a shame that I can not utilize the s-video connectors on my VCR but it seems only one converter box had these and it had issues. Besides that my Sony HDTV has no s-video input.
I will post the results when I get it all set up.

Yesterday, I received both the Zenith converter box from Comfortably Numb and the new S-VHS tapes. The Zenith is pulling in every channel that I get directly on my Sony TV. The set up was straight forward and the remote is easy to use.
I would say that the picture quality of recorded shows on S-VHS tape is about equivalent to the SD sub-channels that I watch directly on my TV whether recorded from a HD major affiliate or one of the sub-channels. This along with my collection of pre-recorded VHS movies will meet my TV needs until I can consider other alternatives, and that is of course the fun part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts