More Cable Channels are about to end due to cord cutting

Quick question,
I see that Peacock and Paramount Plus was mentioned above ...
I have both ... is that right that I can go on the Live portion and thats the current shows and it doesn't Cost me More for that Live feed ???

Just want to confirm.
Yes, as MeStevo posted, also get Live Feeds of Hallmark (yech) local NBC and NBC News on Peacock, Showtime, CBS and CBS News on Paramount+.

Then if you have MAX, you get CNN, except for 8am-4pm, then you get CNNMAX which is the same News, just different Hosts, which I like better.

Just need ESPN ( a year away) and BTN to go streaming, plan is now, use YTTV from September till January.

March Madness will be on Paramount+ and MAX.

Reactions: Jimbo
Ok,, Thanks for the info ...

I got Both of these on a Deal of some sort ...
Paramount Plus did include Showtime ... Also Ad Free.
Then you are set.
I notice the post you posted says Local Live CBS Not Included (was that for either package, really doesn't show an option either way for Live CBS ???)
If using your TV App, move the cursor to the left, right under movies it says Live TV for P+, sports are under Live TV.
I also have the Disney Bundle, Disney, Hulu and ESPN ... Does that happen to include ABC ?
Just the on demand (next day), like using your DVR, ESPN+ is live sports, I have it for the Red Wings/NHL Center ICE.

Watching live sports (NFL Football) via streaming is kinda odd. PQ/AQ are great, but it has an odd "feel" to it that's difficult to describe. I wouldn't have bothered, but I want to see the Seahawks games that air on CBS occasionally (most of the games are on the FOX affiliate), and our Cox-owned CBS affiliate in Seattle has been off of Dish for over a year now and OTA isn't possible from my location. So, that leaves streaming...

Watching live sports (NFL Football) via streaming is kinda odd. PQ/AQ are great, but it has an odd "feel" to it that's difficult to describe. I wouldn't have bothered, but I want to see the Seahawks games that air on CBS occasionally (most of the games are on the FOX affiliate), and our Cox-owned CBS affiliate in Seattle has been off of Dish for over a year now and OTA isn't possible from my location. So, that leaves streaming...
I have no idea what you have and/or what devices, but your settings could be the cause of that,.

My Sony has Motion, Reality, Cinemotion, if those are not just right, could have like a choppy feel.

Or, since TV via Dish is 720P/1080i, on Paramount+ , you are getting 1080P, your eyes/brain are just not used to more resolution.

What matters in the parks is average revenue per visitor, at least at current attendance levels. If attendance is down some, it isn't that big a deal because ARPV is way up. Also, the parks are so much more profitable than anything else, they feel like they can afford to double-down on price increases to keep their struggling streaming and TV businesses afloat. That said, I won't be going back any time soon. The price increases, together with the removal of theming from restaurants and hotels, and the ruining of EPCOT has pretty much eliminated Disney from my list of possible vacation destinations. Universal, on the other hand, is doing a much better job and is way more affordable.
In the article it noted that they were seeing softening attendance.

sounds like you have motion smoothing or something of that ilk turned on for your tv. a lot of times this setting is for each input. Also, if your streaming box/stick is really old, this could be a symptom of it being underpowered. apps get upgraded and continually take more power/memory to run. it's insane. you may want to consider upgrading to one with newer wifi standards, which can help with reliability/buffering.

I've noticed what you're saying in the early days of streaming (aka MLB/NBA apps back in the early 2010s), but haven't seen that in years. Today streaming quality is on par with or better than anything on broadcast (excepting OTA).

sounds like you have motion smoothing or something of that ilk turned on for your tv. a lot of times this setting is for each input. Also, if your streaming box/stick is really old, this could be a symptom of it being underpowered. apps get upgraded and continually take more power/memory to run. it's insane. you may want to consider upgrading to one with newer wifi standards, which can help with reliability/buffering.

I've noticed what you're saying in the early days of streaming (aka MLB/NBA apps back in the early 2010s), but haven't seen that in years. Today streaming quality is on par with or better than anything on broadcast (excepting OTA).
I have a Roku Ultra that I bought brand new (and it's running current OS version and apps are also current) back in July. The input I'm using on my Sony Bravia A95K is configured for 4K UHD Dolby Vision, as is my Roku Ultra, so it looks great with everything else I try streaming. 1gig bandwidth, so plenty of pipe for the data. I think you may be onto something with the motion smoothing. I may have it on low. Maybe if I turn it off, that'll fix that difficult to describe issue. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Yep, motionflow was set to low, so I set it to off... Be interesting to see how the next game I stream looks (in 3 weeks, when it's CBS again).
My Z9K plays havoc with my Roku Ultra if I have any motion smoothing, digital reduction, smooth gradation, etc, etc on.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Everything in that article I have been posting here for over a year now.

Also the subject of two reports to my employer.

How do people feel that they are paying more then ever and the vast majority of content is reruns.

And the problems at channels like USA and TBS have nothing to do with the strikes, they just decided not to make new content anymore, yet subscribers still need to pay their average over $120 bill every month.

Much of that same content you can get for free via services like Pluto TV

Now, where is the guy who called this Luxury TV.

I haven't watched USA since Royal Pains ended. There is nothing but network reruns.