Super Old School Cord Cut

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I didn't say that there was. I said that you could time shift and not have to miss out on programming that happened while you were working or sleeping (or being unconventional for its own sake).
I think you misunderstood. I was agreeing with you. Time shift rather from VHS to a Tivo or any digital DVR seems to be more popular these days. Lol..as far as I remember is the VHS recorder (assuming that was the first "DVR" of sorts minus the digital part..but I know I've been reading lately it's more about tv viewing around the person instead of live tv "appointments" to watch. I don't have a DVR other than the crappy 20hrs on DTVN. Ironically when I had cable I had the X1 DVR, I recorded a lot, never watched much. For me, on demand like Netflix or Max Go is good. But I honestly was agreeing with you. It's becoming more & more about the "time shift" factor..Spoilers of course are everywhere unfortunately..lol

OK, I have taken up Comfortably Numb's generous offer of a free Zenith digital converter box for just the shipping charges here in our classified section. I have also ordered from Amazon two new blank S-VHS tapes for my JVC S-VHS VCR. With this combination I will be able to record (time-shift) using my current equipment. I know the picture will not be true HD but it should be at least as good as the pre-recorded VHS movies I have been watching which of course are not S-VHS. I get a very reliable signal from the major broadcast affiliates on the Franklin Mountains in El Paso.
It is a shame that I can not utilize the s-video connectors on my VCR but it seems only one converter box had these and it had issues. Besides that my Sony HDTV has no s-video input.
I will post the results when I get it all set up.

Yesterday, I received both the Zenith converter box from Comfortably Numb and the new S-VHS tapes. The Zenith is pulling in every channel that I get directly on my Sony TV. The set up was straight forward and the remote is easy to use.
I would say that the picture quality of recorded shows on S-VHS tape is about equivalent to the SD sub-channels that I watch directly on my TV whether recorded from a HD major affiliate or one of the sub-channels. This along with my collection of pre-recorded VHS movies will meet my TV needs until I can consider other alternatives, and that is of course the fun part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)