superdish 121 pole mount

Hi all,

Just wondering if this is a option? Can I use a tripod on the peak of my roof with maybe 10-15ft pole? I would run some support cables from the pole.

If this would work, were would I get a tripod that holds 2in od pole from? Local Hardware store, Radio Shack, RV store, Ect...?

Looking for options rignt now to clear a tree at 105.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

John, no where to put the Diush on a pole on the ground?? I've seen dishes on tripods that high on the roof, but I sure would'nt want to be the one to install it or have to service it. The Superdish is a huge wind catch and aiming it on a 10 or 15 foot pole would definitely be a challenge.

wobbie said:
John, no where to put the Diush on a pole on the ground?? I've seen dishes on tripods that high on the roof, but I sure would'nt want to be the one to install it or have to service it. The Superdish is a huge wind catch and aiming it on a 10 or 15 foot pole would definitely be a challenge.

Ok, how about this. Install the Superdish were my Dish500 is to get 110 and 119 then take the Dish500 and put on a tripod and use it for 105?

Much smaller dish then the superdish and a lot lighter.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Got the superdish today and a 625. I'm getting 75 signal on 105.

Last edited:
BigJohn2 said:
Ok, how about this. Install the Superdish were my Dish500 is to get 110 and 119 then take the Dish500 and put on a tripod and use it for 105?

Thanks,

BigJohn2

No way. For two reasons.

• The 105 LNB is FSS, not BSS like 110/119/61.5/148/129.
  • FSS birds like 105 & 121 need the bigger reflector - for two reasons. Focus & gain.

75 on 105 sounds decent. Of course, it depends on the transponder. But if you're getting your channels with a 75 signal, you're good to go.

BigJohn2 said:
Thanks,
BigJohn2

Sounds like you are all setup. Simon is right about the 105 issue on both topics, a smaller dish will not work and 75 is a good signal. You use to not be able to get over 55 when they first came out.

SimpleSimon said:
No way. For two reasons.
  • The 105 LNB is FSS, not BSS like 110/119/61.5/148/129.
  • FSS birds like 105 & 121 need the bigger reflector - for two reasons. Focus & gain.
75 on 105 sounds decent. Of course, it depends on the transponder. But if you're getting your channels with a 75 signal, you're good to go.

Ok, what transponders should I look at on all three?

Thanks for all the help and info. I have learned a lot in the last week when I first found this site.

later,

BigJohn2

Well, it's 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. I don't remember the others offhand.

You can go to http://www.dishchannelchart.com and find your locals transponder.

OR, most single-tuner receivers Signal screen will automatically show the satellite & transponder of the last viewed channel. You can verify this by selecting, say, 119-17, exiting, tuning to a local, then go back to the signal screen and see if it switched to the 105 satellite.

SimpleSimon said:
Well, it's 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. I don't remember the others offhand.
You can go to http://www.dishchannelchart.com and find your locals transponder.
OR, most single-tuner receivers Signal screen will automatically show the satellite & transponder of the last viewed channel. You can verify this by selecting, say, 119-17, exiting, tuning to a local, then go back to the signal screen and see if it switched to the 105 satellite.

Thanks, I found my local on 105 from that website. They are on tp23.

Later,

BigJohn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)