superdish lnb problems also why can't i get 119 sat??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sideline18

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
MI, NJ
hi all, i m trying to figure out if there is a problem with my superdish lnbs that cam standard with it. i have superdish 121 with right most dishpro, middle dbs and left fss. i know dishpro is working but other two i have doubt. i also have sonicview 360 elite and switch 34. i have read alot n followed all setup directions on the site

i am trying to pickup 119 sat. i get 110 loud n clear (98-100 Q) but no sign of 119 sat?? wht do i do?

i think maybe 2 lnbs are not working. how do i check if fss n dbs is working?

i pick up anik f3 (72 degree) that what it says. what is it? is it right sat? when i set in the menu for anik f3 118 i get no quality.

i also picked up echostar 4 and nimiq2.

how to i get 119 when i get 110 very clear?? plz help...

for my 48197 zipcode i get...
Dish Network SuperDish 121 (110-119-121)
True Azimuth: 226.57
Magn. Azimuth: 233.2
Dish Elevation: 31.41
Skew Angle: 115.8

EchoStar 8, 10, or 8, X (110.0w)
LNB Power .............ON
LNB Type...............OSC-Dp
LNB Freq...............11250
22KHz..................OFF
TP Freq................12224
Search option..........All
DiESqC ................off
Motor .................OFF
Legacy SW..............None

Echostar7 (119.0w)
LNB power..............ON
TP Freq................12239
DiESqC 1.0.............off
Legacy SW.............None

hi all, i m trying to figure out if there is a problem with my superdish lnbs that cam standard with it. i have superdish 121 with right most dishpro, middle dbs and left fss. i know dishpro is working but other two i have doubt. i also have sonicview 360 elite and switch 34. i have read alot n followed all setup directions on the site

i am trying to pickup 119 sat. i get 110 loud n clear (98-100 Q) but no sign of 119 sat?? wht do i do?

i think maybe 2 lnbs are not working. how do i check if fss n dbs is working?

i pick up anik f3 (72 degree) that what it says. what is it? is it right sat? when i set in the menu for anik f3 118 i get no quality.

i also picked up echostar 4 and nimiq2.

how to i get 119 when i get 110 very clear?? plz help...

for my 48197 zipcode i get...
Dish Network SuperDish 121 (110-119-121)
True Azimuth: 226.57
Magn. Azimuth: 233.2
Dish Elevation: 31.41
Skew Angle: 115.8

EchoStar 8, 10, or 8, X (110.0w)
LNB Power .............ON
TP Freq................12224
DiESqC ................off
Motor .................OFF
Legacy SW..............None

Echostar7 (119.0w)
LNB power..............ON
TP Freq................12239
DiESqC 1.0.............off
Legacy SW.............None

The DP Dual is for 110 sat of course. The combo LNB (known as a SuperDish 121 Array) is for 119 and 121. Almost no one needs 121 anymore.

Superdish 121 arrays are notorious for going bad and losing 119 sat. You might need a new one.

when posting you should always mention the type of Receiver and Multiswitch you have, as well as the Dish equipment.

Good luck.

i have sonicview 360 elite and switch 34 i mentioned in second line of the post...when i sca for sat i have to turn off DiSEqC setting OFF if i turn it on it only works on port one connected to dishpro, when select port2 for dbs or port3 for fss it goes off the quality is 0. it only seem to work on port1 (dishpro lnb with 100 quality). how can i test the fss and dbs lnbs??

thanks for the reply...i have sonicview 360 elite and switch 34...i mentioned in my post earlier...ow do i check my fss n dbs lnbs?

my dishpro (right) is on port1, dbs on port2 (middle), fss on port3 (left)...when i pick port1 i get Q 95-100 (echostar 8) but pick port2 or port3 quality goes 0...are other lnbs not working??!

a large number of the superdishes i come across that are still in use have developed frequency deviation, and are no longer any good. im not familliar with sonicview, otherwise i would tell you to use sys info to check for drift.

thanks for the reply...i have sonicview 360 elite and switch 34...i mentioned in my post earlier...ow do i check my fss n dbs lnbs?

my dishpro (right) is on port1, dbs on port2 (middle), fss on port3 (left)...when i pick port1 i get Q 95-100 (echostar 8) but pick port2 or port3 quality goes 0...are other lnbs not working??!

ah, a FTA system, out of my area. Im a Dishnetwork only technician.

Im still betting the Superdish array is bad.

The only suggestion I wiill make is disconnect (bypass) the DP34, and run a direct cable from the DBS side (119 sat) of the Array directly to your IRD. See if you get 119 signal.

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts