SuperFan fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys...looked online at my account last night and noticed my next bill was larger than usual. In reviewing the breakdown of charges, it appears D* is charging me $99 for the SuperFan package! I had it last year and it was $49...is D* charging double for it this year?:confused:confused:

God I hate to start this up but, here goes. First make sure that they also didn't credit you for it at the same time. Now, it was my understanding that after all the comotion last year, and wow was there comotion, that those who did have it last year received a mailer stating that they would either be getting SF next year (now) free or at a discount. Mine stated it would be free for me. Call retention and ask them about that, there was a huge thread about this last year and everyone kind of calmed down after that. Good Luck!

Well, update...after reading your post I decided to check on mine, no, no charge for it, but it also was not listed in my programming either, YIKES! Anyway a quick call to retention, she had no notes on it being free, so just when I was about to go get my letter which I saved she stated that since you have been with us for so long she would be happy to just go ahead and put that on free of charge. Just takes a call boys! Anyway, thanks for bringing it up, I just assumed and you know what happens then.

After reading I checked as well; and mine IS on the account, and was billed for $49 and the credited $49 so a total of free.

i looked at mine... i was given a $99 credit this month... and i looked back, was never charged for it :) i think i snuck by somehow on this one...

Mine is weird too. I had Superfan on a few months ago and the $99 credit. The $99 credit showed up AGAIN on my current activity but no charge for it. So one charge, 2 credits. Whats up with your billing D*? Its good its in my favor but this is not good either way (I get mad or they lose money).

My last 2 statements have had $41.80 bill for ST(5 payments) and no payment due for Superfan.

My current activity again shows the $41.80 for ST, and a $49 credit for Superfan (?what I paid last year).

Sounds good to me.

I have a feeling that eventually, like around when the season starts, those credits will be there, but so will the debit to even things out. But hey, maybe not.

Well, my statement shows full cost and no credit, so I guess I'll have to call later today. I'll let you guys know what's up after I talk to them. Thanks for the follow up!

Same here....received an email during April indicating I would get Superfan free for having it last year and I just charged for the full $99.00 renewal price. I called their support line and they recognized the error and indicatet to check for their correction online within 24hrs.

same here.. looks like 2 years free of superfan - or should I say - bu!!sh!t charge :)

asousa said:
i looked at mine... i was given a $99 credit this month... and i looked back, was never charged for it :) i think i snuck by somehow on this one...

I received a letter awhile ago from DTV and it said since I paid for the Superfan last year I would receive it free this year. DTV still charged me for it on this last bill. I called DTV and they credited me the $99. The bottom line is if you paid for Superfan last year it should be free for you this year. When I talked to the DTV rep she said there was a memo that explained this so if they do not know what you are talking about tell them to find the memo. Good luck:)

Kinda the same here. I got an email in May stating that Super Fan would be $50.00. When I received my bill, I was charged $99.00. I called and the rep credited me $110.00 (99 plus taxes?) and changed ST to $41.80 even though the bill showed it as $41.80. We'll see what the next bill is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts