Superstation package ?

Yes, worth every penny, but when you ask a question the way you did you know you will get assorted answers.

Can you buy the superstation package?? I thought it was no longer available and the only ones who still get is the folks who had it before 6/200.

I only have my personal fav which is ktla, I love the police chases (live ones) lol and yes i love cartoons so what! :/ i think i only pay 1.99.

Its worth the 5.99 if you really watch alot of tv and like variety. thats my opinion.

They dont charge transaction fee to remove it.. why not try it for a day and take off if u dont like em.

Dave, that is a subjective question only you can answer. I had the superstations until the WB/UPN became the CW and "Enterprise" shriveled up and died.

KTLA The CW | Where Los Angeles Lives (CW West)
CW11 New York | WPIX-TV (CW Mountain)
CW2 Colorado | KWGN-TV (CW Eastern/Central)
TV38 Boston (Independent)
My 9 (MyTV)

Take a look at their schedules and figure out for yourself if you would get $6 worth out of them.

See ya
Tony
Ya messed up (and I am surprised) CW11 New York is CW Eastern and CW2 Colorado is Mountain.

Too many good shows at 8pm on Thursday.... I use it to timeshift Smallville to 11pm off the west coast feed. Sigh, I miss distant networks.....

Actually, I watch probably 30% less network channels than I used to thanks to them putting their best shows against each other. Their loss.

ya i like it im living in ny and love the clippers so i get it for ktla so the $5.99 is worth it for the 30+ games on it and when my gf wants to tape shows on the cw and im watching tv i can tape it on on ktla cuz its 3 hours later and no1 is awake so its worth it for me

I like it...it's nice to be able to see out of market news, syndicated shows shown at different times, and the pq isn't horrible for an sd channel (way better than AAD)

If the supers go away in Feb 2009 it will have nothing to do with the anlaog cutoff. The same date---roughly---is the end of the authority under SHVERA and that night mean the end of the supers. Although one article I saw indicated that SHVERA expires in December 2009. But it is pretty clear that the current law allows for transmission of the digital versions of the superstations. In fact DISH files a report with the govt twice a year that declares the number of viewers receibing analog and digital versions of the superstations. That requirement would be nonsensical if transmission of a digital superstation was forbidden.

I started a thread earlier on SHVERA renewal status. I cannot find anything on this but perhap others are more knowledgeable.

Can you buy the superstation package?? I thought it was no longer available and the only ones who still get is the folks who had it before 6/200.

I know that there is a typo in that date but what is the significance of a date in June?

Not disputing that, but Dish has chosen to uplink WPIX to a spot-beam from 61.5° per http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-...tivity-4-24-08-1-30am-report-138-changes.html .

And I would not dispute that but they can sell the digital version---and for all we know what is available as a super is an SD version of one or more of the stations. We have gotten pretty far from the original question of whether the supers are worth the price but I was referring to the specific statemetn that they might not be available after the analog shutoff date.

But I would be the first to say that they could stop selling it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I hope we don't lose the Superstations ... I use them for timeshifting CW (too many things record at once otherwise).

Up until yesterday, we didn't even have a CW channel in our local area. We have one now, sort of, being broadcast on the -2 subchannel of our ABC affiliate.

I have to ask this question that's been bugging me for some time:

What criteria is applied that gives these stations their "superstation" status? :confused:

Why is WPIX (CW) in New York a "Superstation" and not WPSG (CW) in Philly? Is it strictly DishNetwork that decides?

And, are they not considered "distant networks" because they are CW, MyTV and/or independent and would that change if they reached a certain higher level of viewership or market share?

Thanks.

ya i like it im living in ny and love the clippers so i get it for ktla so the $5.99 is worth it for the 30+ games on it and when my gf wants to tape shows on the cw and im watching tv i can tape it on on ktla cuz its 3 hours later and no1 is awake so its worth it for me
A Clipper fan from NY? Clippers don't even have fans here in LA. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts