Superstations Gone??

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Hello,

Currently I dont have Dish. But I went to they website this morning I can't find the Superstation Package anywhere on the site did they get rid of them???

Thanks,
Chris

You need to look at local channels and when you add your address you will see all of the locals available as well as the Super Stations.

They haven't actively advertised them on the site in a couple of years. Like Bobby said you have to go to check locals to find them. I have subbed to them for years.

I did the address the zip code I put in doesnt have the Supers anymore they used to. But the next zip code over has them and its the same local channels doesnt make any sense to me.

Well I entered my zip code from PR and they are still there

Puerto Rico 00957
Thu Apr 22 2010 14:04:53 Mountain Daylight Time
LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:

Puerto Rico Local Network Package

Please note: Channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available
in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high
definition off-air antenna.

Local channels currently available in this package:

Locals Package - $5.99 per month*
Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
PUERTO RICO UNVSN-WLII 11 7784
PUERTO RICO TUTV-WIPR 6 7783
PUERTO RICO ABC-WPRU 20 7788
PUERTO RICO INDEPENDENT-WMEI 60 7786
PUERTO RICO CW-WSJP 17 7787
PUERTO RICO TELEVICENTRO-WAPA 4 7782
PUERTO RICO IND - WCCV 54 7797
PUERTO RICO FOX-WSJX 24 7779
PUERTO RICO TELEMUNDO-WKAQ 2 7781
PUERTO RICO NBC-WVGN 14 7789
PUERTO RICO SPORTS-WAPAD 27 7778
PUERTO RICO IND - OCTV 69 7798
PUERTO RICO CARIBEVISION-WJPX 21 7785
PUERTO RICO CBS - WSEEP 8 7780

SUPERSTATIONS
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

Superstations - $5.99 per month**
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
NEW YORK UPN-WWOR UPN 238
LOS ANGELES WB- KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK WB-WPIX WB 234
BOSTON UPN-WSBK UPN 236
DENVER WB-KWGN WB 235

Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available with America's Top 120 Plus or higher.
Station
No Sports
*Locals for non-qualifying packages are $5.99 per month. Call 1-888-884-2741 for additional details.
** With qualifying package. Call 1-888-884-2741 for additional details.

I did the address the zip code I put in doesn't have the Supers anymore they used to. But the next zip code over has them and its the same local channels doesn't make any sense to me.

There are a lot of federal rules and regulations that don't make any sense. Probably to anyone. Everything is a compromise ( or payoff ). Wanna see how sausage is made? :p

Some markets invoke Syndex rules so Dish doesnt sell Supers

But I just checked a few addresses in various markets and they all qualify

I agree. I think DISH is missing the boat on HD superstations. I would love to have them in Hd. My home town locals do not have CW in HD ota .

Superstation in HD would be the only advantage for me to keep Dish Network. UVerse and AT&T are spending alot of time an effort signing up new customers in the neighborhood. All the channels in the Superstaion package are in HD in their local markets. Dish should open the floodgate make them available in Superstion package, without a price increase.

I sub to Bell for HD Superstations: WSBK, WPIX, KTLA, (The Real) WGN.

WPCH does not have a HD feed on Bell yet.

I haven't watched the Superstations ever since Star Trek went off the air :(

ME either. In fact the superstations is why I took DISH 14 years ago in the first place. I had to watch Star Trek Voyager and our local cable company dropped their carriage of the Houston UPN station here in Beaumont.

I would certainly watch the Supers more like I did years ago if they were in HD. I would LOVE that. I did notice that some years ago, in a few zip codes I tried as examples, Dish Stopped offering UPN (now MYTV) super nor WSBK, but only offered the Tribune owned WB's (now CW's).

I think many would take the supers across the country if you could get them in hd. My home town has only Cw in sd which sucks in picture quality.

DISH could offer the supers in HD if they chose to but perhaps they are worried about more claims of syndex exclusivity if they did.

Interestingly most people know nothing of the superstations---or think the term still applies to WGN and or WTBS. I only hear about them here and generally when someone thinks they are going away.

I think a lot of people would stop watching their local CW or MyNetwork station if the supers were in HD. They might even watch Jeopardy, ET, and several other syndicated shows on the supers as well.

That is probably why DISH has hesitated about offering them.

DISH doesn't offer my sub station for the local CW ota station even though they do offer the main channel for CBS. So I "moved" to Houston years ago to get all my channels in good quality sd and now HD.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I've been subscribing to the superstations on Dish for more than 11 years (still the same equip. but upgraded myself to Dish500 dish, I bought and installed everything myself) prior to that I had them on C-band for more than 15 years (the ones available). Couple weeks ago they just shut them off, except for WPIX. The stations are listed in the guide yet, but they are red, and WPIX is on 251 instead of in the 230s where it was. There was nothing in my statement about them shutting it off. I wrote Dish several times asking, no response. I can't find the package listed on their website anymore. I pay my package annually, and apparently because of that I am not able to make any package changes online/can't access anything there/it says to call. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)