Superstations pkg in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sometimes people believe the jokes. Besides when you have echostar and th superstatiosn invovled you already have enough hilarity without introducung outside stuff.

Geronimo says "So that is where it is".

And the response is "yes, but..."

What about the situation where there are in effect 2 signals, one for SD and one for HD? Do you get both signals for the copyright price? Apparently not.

fitzie

Geronimo says "So that is where it is".

And the response is "yes, but..."

What about the situation where there are in effect 2 signals, one for SD and one for HD? Do you get both signals for the copyright price? Apparently not.

fitzie

I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

The particular report applies only to the superstations. It does not discuss HD and SD it discusses digital and analog and they pay based on the number of subs to each. If they offered two feeds DISH would have to pay a copyright fee for each. the sub does not pay this fee at all---or at least not directly.

But you are not offered two signals just one. It might be digital or analog but it si only one signal. So how do you think you should get two? I don't get that at all.

Don't confuse how the carrier pays the copyright fee with what you get for buying the superstation package.

but I have posted enough today. See ya.

This is all so amazing as I can watch WGN-9 news in HD from the NYC DMA.

Yeah I know WGN America is a so called national channel now and not really a superstation but what this tells me is somehow there may be some kind of "work around" for this situation. How come I can see Chicago local news in HD?

WGN is smart. The rest of the superstations should also get smart. Also, maybe this could be an opening for more wannabe superstations. If they can find a "work around" the current rules and fast, they may be able to pull it off.

Of course all of this is to just be able to see these channels within the next year or 2. I believe everything will be available in HD in 10 years or less.

WGN is not a good item for comparison here. The fact that WGN America is a national cable channel and not WGN chicago is not a "little work-around". WGN America has shares very little programming on its schedule with the local version. The is no CW programming on WGN America. Many syndicated programs are unavailable nationally. Very few sports are available nationally in comparison to what is available locally. WGN isn't a superstation.

WPIX, KTLA, KWGN are all owned by Tribune as is WGN chicago and all will eventually be in HD for LOCAL markets. However I am willing to bet they will not be in HD for national consumption EVER. I am pretty sure they will contunue to be available in SD nationally until the law allowing them is dismantled (allowed to expire).

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)