Supposed New HD thats already Uplinked

We need SPEED HD, SCIFI HD and USA HD.I believe these would appeal more to customers.If they are adding Mojo and SMITHSONIAN and Mgm they are just trying to get people who have the Hd essentals package to upgrade to Hd ultimate.

of course they would but ......well look at it this way: there are some channels that can charge to be carried and others that have to pay to be carried or are free. Which ones do you think are more attractive to charlie?

From what I have seen of reports it only has about 30 minutes of HD content a day. Thats some compelling HD content.
Doesn't matter.... First, it's all about numbers or channel count now. Second, lots of people say whatever sounds good when it works for them at the time, i.e. Charlie saying they're not interested in channel "a" because it lacks "compelling content".

Looking at WFN's website, they mention "HD" but I can't find any indication of what programs are in HD.

As for Verizon FIOS carrying them, WFN really can't use that for "promotion". VZ FIOS is soooo small. I'll bet my local Time Warner division has many times more customers than there are FIOS customers across the US.

MGM owns a significant percentage of all movie produced in Hollywood - it should be as good as HDNet-Movies or Cinemax-HD (except no soft core ;) ).
Not as many as you think. Many of the MGM movies have been sold to other houses.
Smithsonian should be comparable to National Geographic.
Except that Smithsonian has less than 100 hours of programming available. They reportedly hit the ground with only 72 hours and planned to add 100 hours per year.

I concur. The MGM movies are brutally bad, and Smithsonian is just a combo of a couple of different Voom Channels. Hence, I don't pay the extra $5 for the pack.

I agree with you Heisman, the movies on MGM suck, and Smithsonian looks basically like the Voom Channels (with the same amount of programming).

I have to believe that if E* could make channels such as USA-HD, Speed-HD, SciFi-HD, FX-HD, etc. available they would. From what I have seen from CNET (which E* throws around at will) and personal experience, E*'s HD-DVR's are far and above other DVR's out there, especially D*'s. They have invested a lot of money in furthering this technology, so to put it out there only to not provide the HD content subscribers want to put on these superior HD-DVR's seems more than a little counterintuitive to me. I'm sure we will get them as soon as E* is able to uplink them, or people will move on and E* will fold as HD becomes the norm. That being said, E* should do everything it can to make these channels available as soon as possible to keep up with D*, who is killing them right now. Around here, folks with HD that want to upgrade to D* are waiting 3-4 weeks for an install. E* can give you one tomorrow.

In a world full of HD, I'm really surprised at what is being added. There's *obviously* more compelling content that this transponder space is being used for.

I had Mojo, Smithsonian, and MGM on cable. I didn't miss them at all. Other than HDNet and HD Theater, I think there are really no other HD-only channels that offer anything all that compelling.

I thought E* wouldn't play the numbers game. But with such content, it looks like they might be. To me, this is MORE of a reason to switch.

I guess we'll see SOON... :) My baseline is still SciFi by early March, as I WILL see the BSG premiere in HD.

I personally think that this whole "World Fishing Network" thing is a ruse set up by Scott and the pub members to "tag" the list of channels as having come from here. :)

I could care less about any of those channels , especially the World fishing channel. THe only thing more boring than watching people fish is , watching them fish in High def. It is like watching paint dry.

I agree , there are more important channels than world fishing hd that they should get on first, but i think the world fishing channel would be cool, especially in hd. I actually watch fishing on the outdoor channel when i get a chance.

It just seems to be another example of how E* doesn't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dish DVR, and I want them to succeed, but while D* adds HD channels that people actually watch, Dish touts their Voom channels and this kind of niche channels. If you can't add legitimate mainstream channels, then raising prices is a slap in the face to their customers, don't you think?

It just seems to be another example of how E* doesn't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dish DVR, and I want them to succeed, but while D* adds HD channels that people actually watch, Dish touts their Voom channels and this kind of niche channels. If you can't add legitimate mainstream channels, then raising prices is a slap in the face to their customers, don't you think?

Kind of reminds me of what Ford said when ask about selling different colored cars.....His response was given them any color they want as long as it is black!!:eek:

I see it as E* giving us anything to stop the whining and when the new birds come up on line they can then give us the real deal.:hungry:

I could care less about any of those channels , especially the World fishing channel. THe only thing more boring than watching people fish is , watching them fish in High def. It is like watching paint dry.

Oh look he caught a Fish, WOW!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts