Surround Sound??

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok got my audio receiver hooked up and I have my 211 hooked into the Audio Receiver by optical cable. I can hear sound from my sub woofer but I can not get any sound out of my center channel and my other four speakers. The 211 is hooked to my TV by HDMI. My audio receiver display shows all the speakers but I hear no sound any ideas???

Ok got my audio receiver hooked up and I have my 211 hooked into the Audio Receiver by optical cable. I can hear sound from my sub woofer but I can not get any sound out of my center channel and my other four speakers. The 211 is hooked to my TV by HDMI. My audio receiver display shows all the speakers but I hear no sound any ideas???

Not sure what to suggest, but just wanted to say that's the same set up I have... 622 HDMI to TV & optical to AVR and all is well... perhaps a missed setting somewhere in the AVR?

This sounds more like and AVR setup issue than a 211 issue. Not sure what kind of receiver you have, but a few ideas:

Are the optical inputs assignable? If so you need to assign the optical port you're using to the correct input. (For example on my Denon 3803 I assign optical1 to the DBS input)

How does the AVR handle the signal coming into it? Most can sense what it is and output appropriately, but others require some setup.

I think tempAVdish is correct that you want the 211 set to DD/PCM since not all programs are in 5.1.

Since you are getting sound out of the SW i would think that the signal is going through.. it could be a bad connection with the optical cable or some other such thing.

Make sure the subwoofer is hooked up correctly. I had this same problem with my Polk SurroundBar a while back after I had to disassemble it all for carpet cleaning.

Turned out I that when I connected it up again, I didn't have the subwoofer connected properly into the SoundBar.

Yeah user error on my part! Thanks for the replies guys what I did was I did not have my speaker wire connected all the way. So I had to pull out my 34 pound audio receiver and reconnect the speaker wire better. After that works like a champ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts