Survivor: Redemption Island

People run Russell down, (he's just evil) but I'd rather play with someone like him, than someone like Rob (worse evil as he doesn't blink when he stabs your back) I don't blame Grant... and Natalie looks sad like she finally saw the light, especially when they showed no votes for her ;)

David and Jeff said it best. Rob played an almost perfect game and deserved to win.

I don't get Grant, if Ashley had not won immunity that time, he would still be there, and she would have been voted off. All he had to do was win Immunity instead of her.

I can't believe Phillip & Natalie (especially Natalie) actually thought they had a chance of winning. Their opening statements basically said we did everything Rob said to do.

Do they actually expect someone to vote for the Puppet over the Puppet Master?

Well, the "right" person won this time. All in all, I enjoyed this season. I was kinda hoping that Phillip wasn't crazy, but after last night, I think he is a nut job for sure.

I'm thinking he saw something after the first few episodes that showed Rob was lying to his face.
Upon further thinking, it wasn't the lying, but the confessionals. Rob called everyone idiots during the confessionals. The confessionals were part of the "game", and showed what Rob really thought of and treated people. In retrospect, those are probably what pissed Grant off.

Upon further thinking, it wasn't the lying, but the confessionals. Rob called everyone idiots during the confessionals. The confessionals were part of the "game", and showed what Rob really thought of and treated people. In retrospect, those are probably what pissed Grant off.

Here it is -

'Survivor: Redemption Island:' Boston Rob talks about lying to his wife, why Grant is so mad at him, and being done with the show forever | Inside TV | EW.com

What’s Grant’s beef with you — other than the obvious fact that you backstabbed him? Did you get to the bottom of that?
Man, I haven’t. And you know what? It’s frustrating, because I had a relationship with Grant out there and obviously I know I’m not going out there to make friends, but I did make friends with him, and of anybody out there I thought that he would be able to handle it and get that it’s just a game. We said it so many times out there. I ingrained it into my tribe’s head — ”Look, guys, this is just a game. After, everybody will be fine.” — in order to get their votes in the end because I knew I was going to have to backstab every one of them. So I tried to put it in their head that it’s just a game. And I thought he would be able to take it. I reached out to him on a number of occasions and at some point when it’s not reciprocated you just got to give the guy his space. Hopefully in time he comes around.

It wasn’t like you were talking a lot of smack about him to the camera or anything on a personal level.
It wasn’t, but he felt a strong connection that he was going to the end with me. But you know what, dude? He is a grown man. He has played in the NFL. To the credit of the younger girls, they all felt the exact same way and they were able to get over it a lot easier than he was. It may have been a situation where, look, this guy is a winner. He played in the NFL, he’s a football player, he’s big time. He comes from a family of winners. He has a brother that played, he has a sister that was an Olympian and I think he was always used to being a winner and being on top. And the phone calls and text messages kind of stopped after the episode where it showed me taking the clue and switching it out on him. I don’t know if there was an embarrassment level, or the fact that he got played or schooled — I don’t know if his buddies were giving him a hard time and ribbing him. I don’t know. It’s unfortunate but what can you do, man?

Yeah, I had forgotten about that switch. I'm sure that pissed him off, but still seems kind of childish.

Finally got to watch the finale, hard to believe that Boston Rob won after 10 years, but David nailed it. He was the master strategist, and dominated the game from the beginning. Truly the Robfather. No one else could have won.

I thought the jury was terribly unfair to Natalie though. She was a kid, and managed to get further than ANY of them.

dfergie said:
That was what I hated about Rob was using her immaturity to keep Natalie under his thumb... she learned a life lesson I hope.

But Ashley and the others all made a choice to stick with Rob. He played a great game. Amazing he won, but given how it went down, no surprising.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I thought the jury was terribly unfair to Natalie though. She was a kid, and managed to get further than ANY of them.
I thought they were fair.
Tagging along behind someone is an okay strategy IF you have a plan to take out the person you're tagging along, or actually helped make some of the plans.

She was nothing more than a pawn, and was too stupid to realize it.

Getting farther means nothing, if you have no plan to actually win. People generally respect people that actually try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)