Suspend and Whole House

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linus259

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
I have a HR-44 and several H-25's and I am thinking of suspending my account for a few months. If I disconnect the sat in cable from the HR-44 will the H-25's still be able to see the recordings on the DVR. I suspect everything but the HR-44 will shut down? I know that some point I will lose the recordings on the DVR (days, weeks)

if you disconnect the coax on the back of the HR44 you will not be able to see the recordings on your other receivers because the coax is how the receivers talk to each other. if you're going to suspend the account anyway, why bother? if its the power drain in stand-by then just unplug it from the wall/power strip.

I have a HR-44 and several H-25's and I am thinking of suspending my account for a few months. If I disconnect the sat in cable from the HR-44 will the H-25's still be able to see the recordings on the DVR. I suspect everything but the HR-44 will shut down? I know that some point I will lose the recordings on the DVR (days, weeks)
From another forum about a year ago:

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/217008-suspended-service-recordings-available/?p=3347269

In short, no. Once the receiver is de-authorized, any content it contains is not reachable by any other Whole-Home-enabled receiver.

Of course, this shouldn't be confused with any de-authorized DVR content gone, as everything does stay on a hard drive; it would have to be re-authorized to be viewed once again.

if you disconnect the coax on the back of the HR44 you will not be able to see the recordings on your other receivers because the coax is how the receivers talk to each other.

The OP could try by disconnecting the satellite feed from the dish to the splitter...which would accomplish the kill command NOT reaching the receiver(s), but still allow them to see each other within the house...

Reactions: bmetelsky
The OP could try by disconnecting the satellite feed from the dish to the splitter...which would accomplish the kill command NOT reaching the receiver(s), but still allow them to see each other within the house...
Has anyone tried this. I thought about disconnecting the dish from the switch so all the receivers could see each other but not the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)