Suspending DirecTV service question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DS0816

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 24, 2006
How much does it cost to suspend subscription service to DirecTV?

(And how long can one do this?)

How much does it cost to suspend subscription service to DirecTV?

(And how long can one do this?)

Suspend it ?
I don't think it cost anything, also I think you can go for 6 months.

Someone else will chime in I'm sure, if there is a cost involved, there could be a minimum.

I've never heard of being charged for a suspension. Of course, as we all know, you can't suspend away part of a commitment. If, for example, you still have 12 months left and suspend for 6 months when the suspension ends you still have 12 months left.

Doesn't cost anything UNLESS you have a balance on your account. You must have a $0 balance to suspend.

Oh, I didn't know that. :)

I've never heard of being charged for a suspension. Of course, as we all know, you can't suspend away part of a commitment. If, for example, you still have 12 months left and suspend for 6 months when the suspension ends you still have 12 months left.

Correct.

I don't think you need a zero balance, your billing cycle continues as normal, any outstanding balance would have to be paid normally. Suspension just halts service (and charges) for the time you've requested.

It's been a long time since I worked at D*, but I've suspended a lot of accounts and don't remember having to take money to do it ever.

I don't think you need a zero balance, your billing cycle continues as normal, any outstanding balance would have to be paid normally. Suspension just halts service (and charges) for the time you've requested.

It's been a long time since I worked at D*, but I've suspended a lot of accounts and don't remember having to take money to do it ever.

I'm pretty surey ou need to have a $0 balance prior to suspending so if you have a $100 balance you can't suspend until that $100 is paid. That's what I meant by it might cost you.....it might cost you $100 to suspend if your outstanding balance is $100. You can't have a $100 balance and then call up and suspend for 6 months because you can't afford the $100 right now but you might be able to in 6 months.

Who has a balance? I have a credit when I checked on line the other day. This is why its best not to get carried away with all the fluff channel packages and toys especially if your running short on cash. DOWNGRADE! Especially if your under contract on year two and with the teaser rate gone it's too much. DirecTV has to hate me for the all time low bills I pay. I ain't making them rich. :D

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I should have mentioned that I do not have a contract currently in effect. Again, thank you!

What happens to the leased receivers if you suspend for an extended period of time? You keep them? I assume if you just suspend for a month you keep the receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts