SV 360 Elite upgraded. Have questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
Since I uploaded the factory .0111 file to my Elite, the blind scan problem has been fixed.

However, the file contains some new additions such as:
USER SETTINGS--
Added(new) --1. Round Up Channel = ON (default), OFF
2. Channel Copy (requires password "0000" default password) -- allows you to copy channels from Tuner 1 to tuner 2 and vis-versa.
3. Color Settings--saturation, brightness, etc.
The Front LED Brightness option has been deleted.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of "Round UP Channel" is and how it works? Of course, the manual does not say.

Also what seems strange is that since I blind scanned in one satellite's KU transponders on Tuner 2, Ku seems to have become dominant over C-band channels. Lets say I want to watch my channel 4 on C-Band. I know I am on Tuner 1. I press "4" on the number pad on the remote and Channel 4 shows up as the Ku Channel 4. If I want the C-band channel 4, I either have to press up or down from whatever channel I am currently on to get to channel 4. I wonder if it is because I went to set up the Ku by pressing SAT on the remote, changed to Tuner 2 then went into Menu, then Dish Settings and chose Tuner 2 again. After the fact, I believe I was supposed to have only gone into the Menu, Dish Settings, choosing Tuner 2. It's been a long time since I have had to set up and scan for channels from scratch. What do you think?:D

I also wonder, if I delete all the ku channels I scanned in and started from scratch CORRECTLY:D by going into Menu, Dish Settings, chose Tuner 2 and rescan, whether that will take away the dominance of Ku on my system and get back to normal.

(Note: I have Tuner 1 slaved to my 922 which is connected to a c-band lnb on one of my two dishes. I have Tuner 2 slaved to my 920 which is connected to a separate second dish with a c-band lnb and a ku band lnb. The second dish is used strictly for ku signals.)

Is there some place that will tell me what changes or upgrades were made on new factory files? Not SV webb site, I know. I kinda like to know ahead of time....

Is the factory firmware 0103 very outdated? And is that why 0111 came out?

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)