SV8000 / 16 LNB setup needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arunta419

Apr 19, 2008
Hi, I have been reading as much as I can about how to do this.
It seems that while the SV8000 claims to support DisEqc 1.0,1.1,1.2, and USAL, The settings for DisEqc, only show Mini-A,Mini-B, and Port 1,2,3,4.

While I do not have 16 LNB's on my T90 yet, I want to know how to handle the switches & what ones to get to have the capability of 16.

All of my LNB's are standard Linear or reverse Circulars.
I only want to feed 1 rec'vr.

I have used the DisEqc 4x1 & understand that I can control 8 several ways.
All I have actually tested was 4 LNB's. I need more switches.....

1 way- Rec'vr, (1)22khz Ecoda 2x1 then to (2) DisEqc 4x1's = 8
Other way - (1) DisEqc 4x1 with (4) 22khz hanging on the 4 ports.

I have read about DisEqc 8x1 switches, but I don't have choices for ports higher than port 4.

I do NOT understand committed vs. non-committed at this point in my limited experience. And there is no mention of that terminology in any SV8000 menus that I have seen.

I have seen reference to using a DisEqc 8x1 as a motor and by doing so, (1) 22khz Ecoda between the rec'vr & (2) DisEqc 8x1's would control support 16 LNB's?

If anyone knows about the SV8000 with more than 8 LNB's, please identify the names of the switches and part numbers.

Question: How to setup SV8000 menus?

Or is there a better way?

Thank You :confused:

Last edited:
IF (and thats the key word) that receiver can support Diseqc 1.1 then its MUCH easier

Get a couple Digiwave UNCOMMITTED (key word there) 8x1 switches and a ecoda 22k switch.

receiver----ecoda 22k off--digiwave 8x1
--------------ecoda 22k on--digiwave 8x1

or if you have some old 4x1 switches around, you can add them to the ports on the 8x1 (see my thread on that)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

16 LNB's on a T90? Damn...what satellites ya looking to put them on?

Hello Iceberg & Others.

I am going to try the (2) 8x1 into a 22khz Ecoda using motor control...?
If no avail, Will go to DisEqc 4x1 into (4) 22khz Ecoda's....for 8.

I will post my results next week maybe.

Ice....not at 16 yet.....only 9 .....but 1 more than 8 is the same dilema as 16...eh?

:(

you would only need a 22k switch (ecoda) and a 8x1 switch then :)

Thats what I have right now because my Starchoice dish (that is aimed at 123W) doesn't play well with the 8x1 switch (because it has a 22k built in)

so I have

receiver----ecoda 22k off------SC dish at 123
--------------ecosa 22k on-----digiwave uncommitted 8x1 switch

The Star Choice Quad LNB did not play nice with the EMP Centauri 8x1 switch and my Pansat. Couldn't get any signal quality on the SC Quad LNB, and the signal strength was something like 30. What did work was a 4x1 with port one used by the EMP Centauri 8x1, and the other ports used by the Star Choice LNBs.

Well here is my progress report so far.

I bought a couple Digiwave 8x1's, but I guess they are the wrong type. They would not switch with any technique I tried, but they weren't that expensive for the trial to concern me.

So, I had bought 5 Ecoda 2x1's for their DisEqc passing capability. I bought 5 to give me 2 options depending on the outcome of the above 8x1' trials.
Had it worked, I would have used 1 22k Ecoda into 2 of the 8x1's, keeping 4 Ecoda's for spares or ?
But, I used 4 of them on 1) 4x1 DisEqc for a total of 8, wasting 1 to be a spare along with shelving the 8x1 Digiwaves.

Then, by fooling with a D500 (fat LNB, but not a Pro), I found that SV8000 has enough parameters to use 22khz off-on, DisEqc p1-p4, PLUS SW42 on a given bird.

This yielded a capability of 9 on 8 coaxes.
I guess if you wanted to incorporate 2) D500's you could have 10 on 8 coaxes.
Or use real SW42 switches if you did not want the d500's circular LNB and used Linears on all 8 SW42 connectors (hanging on the 4) 2x1 22khz 8 ports) for T90/T55 or separate dishes?

Yea, alot of switches...!!

But I believe it would work, within the settings that SV8000 provides.

I had to treat the internal switch in the d500 as a SW42 ( only using 1 receeiver - 1 coax to it). Trying Sw21 setting did not work.

Apparently while some report the D500 as having SW21, it likes to be treated as a SW42. Verify what you read around the net....beware.

I did order 2) 8x1 Emp Centauri GoTo n's and when they arrive, I will test them in various configurations, IF I can get 1 to work at all?

Even without the GoTo n working, it looks like by using some (or alot) of the above, the combinations get pretty complex.

IE: 1) Rec'vr to 1) 4x1 DisEqc, to 4) 2x1 22khz, to 8) 2x1 SW42 = 16
1) Rec'vr to 2) 2x1 Ecoda 22khz, to 2) 4x1 DisEqc, to 8) SW42's = 16

With the GoTo N's working.....go figure.....
IE: 1) rec'vr to 1) 8x1 GoTo, to 8) 4x1 DisEqc's = 32
add 8) SW42's to the ports on 2) 4x1's......= 64

or put this behind 1) Ecoda 2x1 times 2 for 128

I think that would suffice for about anything?

I hadn't even looked at SW42's and don't even know if they exist as separate devices?....will have to look around.

I intend to keep whatever switches I use in the basement, as I don't want to use an outside enclosure and coaxes are more readily available than repacing failed switches plus, keeping the receiver to switch coaxial distance shorter seems to be more reliable.
Yes, alot of coaxes coming in, but they are easy to make if you have the right tools.

If anyone sees any flaws in my logic...please reply, as I am almost confusing myself?

YMMV

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)