SV8000 60% signal quality 0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icehanger

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
I bought a SV8000 HD last week and trying to get FTA channel especialy channels from Galaxy 3C. My setup is like this. Motor SG1200, Captive works standard Linear dual LNBF and a 30'' dish.
My Latitude: 41.175 N, Longitude: 95.954 W. I have setup dish elevation and motor elevation as per the geosatfinder.com. I can see a 55 -62 % signal for most of the satellites but 0 quality. I have a clear sky to my south. I am not sure whats going wrong. When I press the blind scan during the inital screen it comes up with no device found message but after getting into the each satellites page i am able to do a blind scan but no signal.

:confused::confused:
ice

the latitude for the motor should be the same as your latitude (or at 41)

what I would recommend is to select a strong transponder on 95 (see thelist for strong transponders), set up your USALS and let the motor move that 1 degree for G3 at 95W then aim the dish. 1 degree may not sound like a lot (since you are at 95.9W) but when you get to the ends of the arc you'll be happy for that

signal strength means nothing honestly...its the quality that matters

Thanks for your help. I was able to get 43% quality yesterday. But I have a problem now. When I enter the USALS and ask the motor to take to the satellite position all my quality is gone. I am not sure what is happening there. How much quality you need to view a channel? because when I tried to view ccctv at 40% quality it gave me a message no signal or it could be i lost all the quality after the blind scan.

Thanks for your help. I was able to get 43% quality yesterday. But I have a problem now. When I enter the USALS and ask the motor to take to the satellite position all my quality is gone. I am not sure what is happening there. How much quality you need to view a channel? because when I tried to view ccctv at 40% quality it gave me a message no signal or it could be i lost all the quality after the blind scan.

When in USALS manually move it to postion and then hit red button to store it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.