Sv8000hd v.s. nfusion hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't speak to the quality of the other receivers mentioned here, but I have had an SV8000 as my main receiver for about nine months now. Overall I have had pretty good luck with it as most of what I watch is PBS on 125 and a few others (Ebru, Al Jazeera, and Worldview) and not asked for anything fancy of it. That said, I have to do a factory reset every couple of months as it starts locking up in blind scan for no apparent reason.

As a general analogy, quality wise, if it were a DVD player it would be a $35 Kmart RCA, not a $100 Sony.:rolleyes:

No 8psk or other newer emerging standards, and locally here they still go for over $200. It wouldn't, in my opinion be a bad introductory receiver, but only if you could find it for substantially less than retail.

It replaced an SV360 Premier (SD only). I think the 360 was a bit more finished.

If I am not mistaken you can stream video from a computer to an Nfusion HD receiver.

There is additional software (IPPTV) that lets you stream video and copy files to/from your PC and the STB.

The Sonicview also advertised that functionality with their IHub product, however, I haven't been able to find any software to make it work like the Nfusion.

I have an N-fusion HD and its a total joke and took it outand went to a Fortec. The DVB-S2 is only for Dish/Bev. It has NO Blind and dose not work well with a motor either. If you have fixed dish set up using switches it works fine other wise don't buy an N-fusion.

Musher

The USALS works well, the diseqc 1.2 not as well although the later software versions seem to be much better. Unfortunately, no blindscan, and not much hope of them adding it at this point.

Don't be confused with DVB-S MPEG-2 as it is not the same thing as DVB-S2 MPEG-2. A good HD receiver should support DVB-S or DVB-S2 with either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 compression. As others have stated, don't waste your money on an nFusion or a Sonicview HD receiver as they don't support DVB-S2. Instead, get a CoolSat 8000/8100, Pansat 9200 (with DVB-S2 board) or an Azbox if you want the best.
Please take a look and tell me if this is not what he wants?:
Pansat 9200 HD DVB-S2 8PSK Module Board
I Guedss not.I thing this module is good ONLY for CIRCULAR sat like DN and BEV.Am I Right?

Last edited:
Anybody knows if a legal update file for the Nfusion HD is available so you can add or rename sats along with adding manual search so you can add audio/video PIDs?? I know I may be dreaming but just in case. Any feedback will be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

I have an SV-HD8000

My main receiver is an SV-HD8000 and I really like it. I got it off of CraigList for only $100.

Of course it does not do 4:2:2 or S2 but it does do MPEG4 and runs my DG-380 very well.

I hope to one day to own an AZBox but I want to get my BUD up first.

Also, I have read somewhere that you can loop one box to another. If I do this can I be able to See the CW's channels in a Captive Work and do the loop thru my Nfusion HD??? Is there anyway it can be done??

Loop thru works, however your slaved receiver (the one connected to the loop thru) will only be able to see the same polarity and satellite as the master receiver it is connected to. If you use bandstacked LNBs, the slaved receiver will be able to see either polarity, but still only the same satellite as the master.

There is additional software (IPPTV) that lets you stream video and copy files to/from your PC and the STB.

The Sonicview also advertised that functionality with their IHub product, however, I haven't been able to find any software to make it work like the Nfusion.

What software need to stream video to the nfusion hd?
thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts