sw21 switch problems

devils ridge

Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
missouri
I am having a problem with my sw21 switch. I have a dish 500 system and had to replace my receiver with a DP311. After I installed it it says check switch. I have replace the switch 2 time now with the same results check switch. If I swap the coax at the switch I can get either sat 110 or 119. I have replaced all the coax cable with new rg-6 and the switch still will not switch on its own. Anyone ever had this problem?

your lnbs are legacy or DP or DPP? you need legacy lnbs for the sw21 to work correctly, if they're DP, you need a DP21 switch

If you have a Twin LNB you dont need the switch
Twin-one giant LNB
Duals or SIngles-2 separate LNB's that if you take one off leaves the other

This is a older dish 500 and has worked with a sw21 switch for years.

you forgot to mention that, so, i think is a legacy, maybe twin or quad. what you get on the screen when you perform the check switch? menu, 6, 1, 1, check switch, test

Attachments

• LNB-picture-chart.jpg
    LNB-picture-chart.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 355
It will not so a check switch test. It starts a test then the screen goes blank and starts to aquire single. I do not see the one I have in your chart. When you take the housing off it looks like 2 single dish pro lnb in it.

can you connect one lnb output directly to the receiver and perform a check switch test completely? just to verify what you get on the screen