Swapped Component for HDMi Moto DCT6412 III

cjriddle22

Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Huntsville AL
I have recently swapped my Moto DCT6412 III with component connections for one with HDMi connections. My problem is with the "My DVR" button. On the old one (components), when I press the "My DVR" button, a list of options (4 options) would come up: Recordings, Series settings, etc.. On the new box (HDMi), when I press the "My DVR" button it goes straight to the recorded shows menu with the status percentage (0% full, 10% full, etc..). When I record a show, it is supposed to be in this list of recorded shows, but it is not. It tells me that my DVR is a certain percentage full, but the shows are no where to be found (it says, No Listings Available, even though it is 6% full). This seems to be a software issue, but I am not sure. I am able to pause or rewind live TV, but when I record the show, it cannot be found. Comcast has had me reset the box numerous times. This is also the 2nd HDMi box I have swapped out from them, both with the identically same problem (and they treat me like I’m the idiot that doesn't know how to operate a DVR).

The software for the Component and HDMi versions of this box are supposed to be the same (source Comcast).

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, since it has happened to me twice now.

side note: Since the option for Recordings, Series settings, Etc.. do not come up when I press "My DVR", I have no way of setting the priority for my series recordings. This is just a minor issue though, considering that I cannot even access my recorded shows.

I am in the Huntsville, AL, Comcast Service Area.

Thanks for any and all help,

J. Ridd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)