Swapping a 222k for 2 211's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Matamoras PA
I have a 722, and a 222k. I have 3 HDTV's, and one standard, so the 2 211's would serve me much better. This is the route I originally wanted to go, but of course 18 months ago, the duo receiver was cheaper monthly, so I went with that. That is the part that really pisses me off. They changed, so now I would like to change, but of course we all know how that goes.

I guess my question is, what is the best way to go about upgrading and getting a good deal. I don't have a lot of leverage, as I signed up for the free HD, which gave me another 2 year contract when that came out a few months back. Should I just try and buy the receivers? Also, would I have to run another cable from the dish. I only have two now, but I would guess that adding another box would mean another cable. (I have an eastern arc dish)

If I go through Dish, I don't mind signing another contract, as I am happy with dish, and they serve my programing needs the best right now.

I have a 722, and a 222k. I have 3 HDTV's, and one standard, so the 2 211's would serve me much better. This is the route I originally wanted to go, but of course 18 months ago, the duo receiver was cheaper monthly, so I went with that. That is the part that really pisses me off. They changed, so now I would like to change, but of course we all know how that goes.

I guess my question is, what is the best way to go about upgrading and getting a good deal. I don't have a lot of leverage, as I signed up for the free HD, which gave me another 2 year contract when that came out a few months back. Should I just try and buy the receivers? Also, would I have to run another cable from the dish. I only have two now, but I would guess that adding another box would mean another cable. (I have an eastern arc dish)

If I go through Dish, I don't mind signing another contract, as I am happy with dish, and they serve my programing needs the best right now.
You could try and see what Dish will do on 1 of your 211's but I doubt they will give you any kind of a good deal on 2. Plan on buying your second one.
They range from $90-120 Depending.

You would have to run another cable Yes.

Just got off the phone with Dish, and they are running a promo if you sign up for a new 2 year contract, and do auto pay. I got both 211's for free. Signed up for protection plan, so tech coming out only costs $15. I can cancel protection plan for a $35 or $40 fee, so the whole thing only costs about $50 in the end, if I cancel protection plan. Chalk one up for Dish !!:angel:

Just got off the phone with Dish, and they are running a promo if you sign up for a new 2 year contract, and do auto pay. I got both 211's for free. Signed up for protection plan, so tech coming out only costs $15. I can cancel protection plan for a $35 or $40 fee, so the whole thing only costs about $50 in the end, if I cancel protection plan. Chalk one up for Dish !!:angel:
I'd rather Buy both 211k's then sign a 24 month commitment, or Auto Pay with Dish Network.:eek:

I know, but right now I have them or cablevision. I like the red zone channel, and the NFL network, which cablevision doesn't carry, and d* makes you get the nfl sunday ticket to get redzone. If I buy receivers it would cost at least $200. If I opt out of dish network, I think it is only $10 per month left on contract, so signing a 2 year, for me anyway, isn't as bad as it seems.
I like the picture quality, and the 722, plus I will have the 2 211's which I can also turn into a dvr's. I really can't get that with anyone else for the price.

We have thought about doing this. We are over one year into a contract; therefore, we are still under a contract. We had 2 Duos as well due to the credits for having them plugged into a phone line. We were also upset when they quit the credits since it meant $7 more a month. A second Duo is the same price as having two HD receivers. We also have autopay already and paperless billing and the protection plan as well. I wonder if we could do the same by swapping out one 222k (since we have two) for two 211s. I guess we would have to call or chat to see.

We have thought about doing this. We are over one year into a contract; therefore, we are still under a contract. We had 2 Duos as well due to the credits for having them plugged into a phone line. We were also upset when they quit the credits since it meant $7 more a month. A second Duo is the same price as having two HD receivers. We also have autopay already and paperless billing and the protection plan as well. I wonder if we could do the same by swapping out one 222k (since we have two) for two 211s. I guess we would have to call or chat to see.

When I called, they said that it is a promotion that they are running now, so I would say you should also have no problem doing it also. I got pretty mad when they raised the monthly price for the duo's. It was the reason I got the 222 instead of 2 211's.

When I called a few months back about doing this, it would have cost around $200, so if you get a chance, you should call soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts