Swapping a 222k for 2 211's

jsq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Matamoras PA
I have a 722, and a 222k. I have 3 HDTV's, and one standard, so the 2 211's would serve me much better. This is the route I originally wanted to go, but of course 18 months ago, the duo receiver was cheaper monthly, so I went with that. That is the part that really pisses me off. They changed, so now I would like to change, but of course we all know how that goes.

I guess my question is, what is the best way to go about upgrading and getting a good deal. I don't have a lot of leverage, as I signed up for the free HD, which gave me another 2 year contract when that came out a few months back. Should I just try and buy the receivers? Also, would I have to run another cable from the dish. I only have two now, but I would guess that adding another box would mean another cable. (I have an eastern arc dish)

If I go through Dish, I don't mind signing another contract, as I am happy with dish, and they serve my programing needs the best right now.

I have a 722, and a 222k. I have 3 HDTV's, and one standard, so the 2 211's would serve me much better. This is the route I originally wanted to go, but of course 18 months ago, the duo receiver was cheaper monthly, so I went with that. That is the part that really pisses me off. They changed, so now I would like to change, but of course we all know how that goes.

I guess my question is, what is the best way to go about upgrading and getting a good deal. I don't have a lot of leverage, as I signed up for the free HD, which gave me another 2 year contract when that came out a few months back. Should I just try and buy the receivers? Also, would I have to run another cable from the dish. I only have two now, but I would guess that adding another box would mean another cable. (I have an eastern arc dish)

If I go through Dish, I don't mind signing another contract, as I am happy with dish, and they serve my programing needs the best right now.
You could try and see what Dish will do on 1 of your 211's but I doubt they will give you any kind of a good deal on 2. Plan on buying your second one.
They range from $90-120 Depending.

You would have to run another cable Yes.

Just got off the phone with Dish, and they are running a promo if you sign up for a new 2 year contract, and do auto pay. I got both 211's for free. Signed up for protection plan, so tech coming out only costs $15. I can cancel protection plan for a $35 or $40 fee, so the whole thing only costs about $50 in the end, if I cancel protection plan. Chalk one up for Dish !!:angel:

Just got off the phone with Dish, and they are running a promo if you sign up for a new 2 year contract, and do auto pay. I got both 211's for free. Signed up for protection plan, so tech coming out only costs $15. I can cancel protection plan for a $35 or $40 fee, so the whole thing only costs about $50 in the end, if I cancel protection plan. Chalk one up for Dish !!:angel:
I'd rather Buy both 211k's then sign a 24 month commitment, or Auto Pay with Dish Network.:eek:

I know, but right now I have them or cablevision. I like the red zone channel, and the NFL network, which cablevision doesn't carry, and d* makes you get the nfl sunday ticket to get redzone. If I buy receivers it would cost at least $200. If I opt out of dish network, I think it is only $10 per month left on contract, so signing a 2 year, for me anyway, isn't as bad as it seems.
I like the picture quality, and the 722, plus I will have the 2 211's which I can also turn into a dvr's. I really can't get that with anyone else for the price.

We have thought about doing this. We are over one year into a contract; therefore, we are still under a contract. We had 2 Duos as well due to the credits for having them plugged into a phone line. We were also upset when they quit the credits since it meant $7 more a month. A second Duo is the same price as having two HD receivers. We also have autopay already and paperless billing and the protection plan as well. I wonder if we could do the same by swapping out one 222k (since we have two) for two 211s. I guess we would have to call or chat to see.

We have thought about doing this. We are over one year into a contract; therefore, we are still under a contract. We had 2 Duos as well due to the credits for having them plugged into a phone line. We were also upset when they quit the credits since it meant $7 more a month. A second Duo is the same price as having two HD receivers. We also have autopay already and paperless billing and the protection plan as well. I wonder if we could do the same by swapping out one 222k (since we have two) for two 211s. I guess we would have to call or chat to see.

When I called, they said that it is a promotion that they are running now, so I would say you should also have no problem doing it also. I got pretty mad when they raised the monthly price for the duo's. It was the reason I got the 222 instead of 2 211's.

When I called a few months back about doing this, it would have cost around $200, so if you get a chance, you should call soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts