Swapping LNB's

mjamm

Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
Washington
I had a dish 500 with a Legagcy Twin LNB (BS1D1UP201M) connected to a DP301 receiver. I do not see any switched inline, unless the old owner put them under the house. For the last few months I have been losing service and it would seem to fluctuate with temp. changes. This past weekend the service stopped completely. When I did a Check Switch, it would keep coming back as 'UNKNOWN DEVICE'. It appears my LNB died.

My brother in law gave me a Dish PRO LNB with a black label (150782-CR1). Is this Dish PRO LNB compatible with my DP301 receiver? Do I need any switches or is there a built in switch in the PRO LNB?

Thanks, Mark (1st post - so I apologize if its lengthy)

If you are correct that you had a Legacy Twin the switch was built in. Just replace it with the Dish Pro Twin and run a SWITCH TEST Menu 6-1-1 to re educate the receiver as to what it is connected to.

Thanks, After reading this forum I was thinking they would work together, but I am unsuccessful at getting any signal on the new LNB. One issue I have is the old owner appartently wanted to put a LINEX like material on the mounting hardware and then took a grinder or something to where the Elevations degress were. Now I not accurate in the elevation. What I am doing is putting the LNB arm at Zero' degrees angle and then moving the Arm to my 36* angle. Would that be accurate or is the LNB arm not level at zero degrees?

Loss of signal

need help linking sat remote for 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)