swim and deca setup 4 MRV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
Is there a package to buy to get this equipment from dtv. Looking at next fall to setup MRV I may try to set it up via swim technology.

What is needed and how does the Deca work and setup.

Two options:

1. You order an installation and wait for it to happen.

2. If you have your heart set on DIY and have money to throw away, you can buy the adapters for around $40 each, any necessary band-stop filters and a SWiM switch/LNB if you don't have one already.

The only thing I like is going with one cable to each DVR So if I can find the equipment cheap
why not

DirecTV will install all equip for $149 ($99 equip, $49 install). They often waive the $49 install depending on your account status. Give a call and see what they will do.

I was looking to it myself "MAYBE" I don't need it just looking at what is involved with all the equipment. I don't need it at all for MRV to work

The only thing I like is going with one cable to each DVR So if I can find the equipment cheap why not
You certainly don't need DECA to use SWiM. If all you really want is SWiM, you should search some of the existing SWiM (or SWM) threads.

With respect to why you should consider ordering DECA from DIRECTV, two reasons:

1. DIRECTV will support a DECA system that they install. There seems to be a question about whether or not they will authorize a DECA system that wasn't initially installed professionally.

2. It probably can't come cheaper than what DIRECTV offers if you have two or more non H(R)24 receivers. Don't forget to count an extra DECA adapter for your LAN/Internet connection.

sure thank you I am guessing a swim lnb swim mulitswitch etc. This is what I am more interested in.
However if I do this I thought I look into those deca and was just curios how they work.
I just lost on how they hook up on my network unless you need to run a cable from switch to router.
I am just looking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts