Switch question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PANHANDLER

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Western NY , Fredonia
Maybe i am thinking to hard to come up with the obviuos answer for what i want to set up . What i am trying to do is connect all 3 of my buds to a switch that will allow me to utilize all my recievers ( 4 recievers ) to any dish i require. All of my buds have the DMX741 C/KU LNBF mounted on them. Anole has a very helpful thread on switches but i don't see much on the topic of dual lnbf's (C/KU ). 3 Recievers have the Gbox for indipendent positioning. Thank you for any input .

crappy idea:

You know, for any problem, there is the right way...
... and a whole bunch of wrong ways. - :rolleyes:

I prefer solutions so no matter what you do, or what you add, or how to screw up, you can't go wrong.

But, IF you are willing to cut some corners and make some concessions...
... and don't say I brought it up...

Here is a possible solution:

- you need to not select a given Ku or C band LNB by more than one receiver at a time (if you do, ya may not get the proper transponder)

- you need receivers that'll control an 8-input diseqc uncomitted switch (I only recommend Digiwave!)

- connect power-passing splitters to each Ku and each C-band output of each LNBF (I strongly -:rant:- splitters, so you didn't hear this from me!)

- connect the output of one switch to the input of each receiver

- connect a C and a Ku from each dish's splitters to six of the inputs of your switch

Hope somebody has a much more elegant solution.
Now, I'm going to go wash my brain out with soap! - :(

other solutions:

Reasonable:

If you were happy with just C-band off (some of) the BUDs, I'd suggest you install GeoSatPro C2 or DMX242 LNBF's.
They have two independent outputs; you use one output for C vertical and the other for C horizontal.
Follow those LNBFs with 2x4, 3x4, or my favorite: 5x8 multiswitches, and then on to diseqc switches, and ya got something!

For Ku, use a 1m dish, and replace your LNBF with a dual output model, and tie it into the above multiswitch matrix, too.

Outrageous:

Orthomode feedhorns with two LNBs for C and two LNBs for Ku will do the best job.
Unfortunately, dual band ortho feeds are pretty expensive new (C-band only are cheap)
So, on each BUD, you'd have a quad ortho feed, with four LNBs, and they'd go to the four inputs of a 4x4, 5x4, or my favorite 5x8 multiswitch.
Then proceed with wiring as in link above.

... and ... if you insist on working with 4DTV receivers, plan ahead very carefully.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)