Switch To Digital By 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coathanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Can someone tell me what is going to happen to all the fta programming that we receive when these providers make the switch to Digital? I think the switch is to take place sometime in 2009.

nothing :)

the 2009 cutoff is for over the air (AKA ANANLOG TV channels) only.

ANalog C-Band & KU might go away too but our FTA boxes are digital already :)

Tnx Iceburg for quick reply. Sure would hate to loose my rtn channels on gal 10r. Merry Xmas

although nothing should happen, I think the 2009 switch over will do a few things. First of all many of the stations that use the satellite uplinks for their programming could shut down if they never get their digital transmitters up... we will have to wait and see. Also I am hoping that eventually these stations and their viewers will want HDTV as teir channels turn digital, meaning that new HD channels will appear. Sooner or later those FOX allifiates on G10R will want to show HD programming right?

I assume so but there is nothing that says they have to.

Also the translator stations do NOT have to go digital by 09 according to the FCC. The low powered ones (like what a bunch of the Equity ones are) will do a "flash cut" where they dump the analog and go digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts