Switch to RF remote link on HR25/100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dr0doom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Hello. I have a H25/100 receiver & RC65RX remote, which is currently set for IR mode, by default (I guess). How would I go about switching the mode from IR to RF? Do I need an antenna, and if so, where would I plug it into on the receiver. I see no remote-antenna inputs on the receiver. I'm assuming I'll also have to set the mode in the receiver's setup menu somewhere as well.

You do need an external antenna dongle. It is not a screw on type antenna.

Once you have that hit menu- settings and help- settings- remote and then RF setup

Are you talking about a USB type antenna dongle? I thought I saw somewhere on the DirecTV site that the H25 has an internal RF remote antenna. Also, the first time I went to the menu-settings-remote menu, there was an IR/RF setting selection, but I did not select it (yet). Now, whenever I go back to that same menu screen, that selection does not appear any more. Strange.

I install h25s every day, they don't do rf. Its in the set up at the beginning and if it detects the dongle.

I don't know much about the dongle. I have never needed one.

OK. Thanks for the link. I do now see the jack for it on the back of the H25. I did manage to find the IR/RF select buried in the advanced settings for the remote control setup menu.

Can this port on the back be used for an IR receiver? I would like to have this unit in my basement out of sight but need a way to get the signal to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)