Switch TV2 to a different room..

kd1213

Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
California
I have Dish Network, and use the 722k. I have the receiver in the main room, and TV2 in a bedroom. I'm switching bedrooms, and want to move TV2 to the bedroom I'm moving to. Do I need to rewire anything? Can I do this myself, or do I need to have someone come out and switch it for me?

You have two choices. You can either use the existing cable for TV2 and move it to the other bedroom, or you can install a splitter coming off the TV2 output of your 722 box, leaving one cable running to the old bedroom and then run another cable to the new bedroom. Either way, you don't need anyone to come out to do anything.

I'm sorry I'm a newb, and I have absolutely no idea where to start in this situation. Can you explain more in depth on how I would just use the existing cord and move it to the other bedroom?! Sorry!!

It really depends how your TV2 cable is run. There is a long black coax cable coming out of the back of your box that runs to your 2nd TV in the bedroom. Where does that cable go? Is it going through a basement, crawl space, attic, or along the floor? Once you figure out how it is getting from point A (the 722 box) to point B (your TV in the bedroom), then you just need to figure out how to re-route it to the other bedroom. However you accomplish it, all you need is a coax cable running from the TV2 output to your 2nd TV. It is impossible to tell you exactly what you need to do without knowing how your wiring is setup, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts