Switched back to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep, Dish has just been ahead of the curve. The writing has been on the wall for a long time over this broken pay TV system. It's also why Dish is the only provider that has a semi-ala-carte Flex Pack and gives the customer the option to save money on locals. Those added disputes paved the way for it. The other providers are just catching up.

I have been paying attention. Yes, all providers have their issues but Dish is and always will be the worst offender.

Can’t say Directv/AT&T is doing any better these past several months either.

The cable companies seem to be doing good as of lately.

It hasn't even been 9 months since the Charter-Tribune dispute, and lets not forget the Verizon-Disney dispute earlier this year.

Dish is not saving the customer money by giving them the option to drop locals.

It’s all smoke and mirrors to hide a price increase.

One year the locals are included and the next year they are a la carte.

They make the locals a la carte, they lower the base package price a few dollars and say they are giving customers choice.

The following year, they bundle locals in the package and say it’s included for free, yet hiding another price increase.

It’s been this way ever since locals first started being offered.

Yes it’s nice to drop your locals and go to OTA, but almost all customers subscribe to locals. On the sales floor, setting up an antenna is never given to customers as an option due to the additional upfront costs and install fees.

There was no price increase when Dish started breaking out locals as a separate line item on our bills. There was the usual annual $5 increase though that goes toward the contracted annual increases in retrans fees. If I drop the locals right now, my bill goes down $12/mo. In what world is that not a savings?

All providers have smoke and mirrors. Comcast in my area has their advertised package prices, but then charge an additional locals fee and an RSN fee. The difference with Dish is that locals fee can be removed. No other provider offers that. Why do you think that is? Dish fought harder for it leading to more disputes.

They make the locals a la carte, they lower the base package price a few dollars and say they are giving customers choice.

The following year, they bundle locals in the package and say it’s included for free, yet hiding another price increase.

Yes it’s nice to drop your locals and go to OTA, but almost all customers subscribe to locals. On the sales floor, setting up an antenna is never given to customers as an option due to the additional upfront costs and install fees.

Never mind all those antennas Dish is installing for free... Admittedly, this is a ploy to keep customers during retrans disputes, but it seems to be successful, given Dish's recent quarter.

Last edited:
Probably an equipment fee increase instead
There was no price increase when Dish started breaking out locals as a separate line item on our bills. There was the usual annual $5 increase though that goes toward the contracted annual increases in retrans fees. If I drop the locals right now, my bill goes down $12/mo. In what world is that not a savings?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well that would be really cool if that's how it actually worked, but it's not. Dish separated the locals on the bill about 3 years ago or so and have never went back to it not being separate.

Carrying all this hate around, it's just not good for your sole, dude. You should let it go. Let it all out and bury it and move on

Well that would be really cool if that's how it actually worked, but it's not. Dish separated the locals on the bill about 3 years ago or so and have never went back to it not being separate.

Carrying all this hate around, it's just not good for your sole, dude. You should let it go. Let it all out and bury it and move on

Certainly pretending that Dish's business practices are somehow way worse than AT&T or Comcast or Charter is living in denial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts