switches (22k & DiSEqC)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok I've used both of these first the 22k , and then the 4 in 1 DiSEqC with my QPH031 ( to combine Linear & Circular) well i don't really know if i've been using either switch right

Question .....the 22k had the l&c go into one coax and then to receiver. i'm sure i got L through the switch but not sure about the C do you have to set the 22K to on in the coolsat menu to get the circular side. do you have to set up two sat for each if you want to get L & C from the same satellite??

ok now the DiSEqC had it set lnb 1 was the linear side & 2 was the Circular side then the receiver out. i never set anything in the menu so i guess i was just getting the linear side .

question ....to get L & C side i need to set DiSEqC in the coolsat 5K menu to
1.0 or 1.0/ 1.1 ... ?? 1.0 allows only 4 committed 1.0/1.1 allows 4 committed & 16 uncommitted

question ....since i only had 1 & 2 lnb set i should set it to 2 correct
or do i need to set 1 for the l side & 1 for the c side creating 2 sats one for each.

don't know how i had things working before

ok I've used both of these first the 22k , and then the 4 in 1 DiSEqC with my QPH031 ( to combine Linear & Circular) well i don't really know if i've been using either switch right

Question .....the 22k had the l&c go into one coax and then to receiver. i'm sure i got L through the switch but not sure about the C do you have to set the 22K to on in the coolsat menu to get the circular side. do you have to set up two sat for each if you want to get L & C from the same satellite??
yes. If you put the circular on the 22k on, in the menu just turn 22k ON for the DBS sats. This is exactly how I have mine set up

ok now the DiSEqC had it set lnb 1 was the linear side & 2 was the Circular side then the receiver out. i never set anything in the menu so i guess i was just getting the linear side .
you'd have to change "Diseqc" on the menu to "1" for linear and "2" for circular. If you don't change it, the switch defaults to port 1

question ....to get L & C side i need to set DiSEqC in the coolsat 5K menu to
1.0 or 1.0/ 1.1 ... ?? 1.0 allows only 4 committed 1.0/1.1 allows 4 committed & 16 uncommitted
if you are using the Diseqc, its diseqc 1.0 and port 1 for linear, 2 for circular
If you use the 22k, diseqc is not chosen

question ....since i only had 1 & 2 lnb set i should set it to 2 correct
or do i need to set 1 for the l side & 1 for the c side creating 2 sats one for each.

don't know how i had things working before
you dont need to set 2 satellites. Just set the diseqc ports right if you are using that. Make sure to power off the unit on the back before adding/removing the switch :)

see below
picture 1 is if you are using a 22k switch. All DBS slots have the 22k on
picture 2 is if its a diseqc switch

Last edited:
well if i have it set up right and i think i do
but i don't see anymore than i did before maybe i missed something ...
let me scan another satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts