Switches for KU/C-Band Combo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
It takes a while sometimes for information to sink in so I thought I would ask this question now so the info can start it's way in.

The ultimate plan would be to have my BUD with dual C-Band LNB set up (V&H) and four 1.2m Primestar dishes (each pointing at a selected bird). The BUD would have a motorized mount, the Channel Masters would be fixed (probably). I would probably start out with the BUD and one CM and build from there as required.

The KU (CM) dishes would have Amiko Premium L-104 LNBs.
The BUD will have two fixed Norsat 8115s one for H and one for V.
All this in to a Amiko Mini HD RE FTA DVB-S2 receiver.
I have a separate motor control unit for the BUD mount (if I can remember where it is) and I can string wires for it if necessary.

I have read the article about Switch setups simplified, but I'm hoping there is a handy illustration that I can copy and print out to follow so I don't have to think quite as hard.

Anyone?
Thanks
G

I'll talk to the Dr soon. I guess it wasn't good. And they can't fix it like they hoped. So I'm wondering what now myself.

M.S.: Warm thoughts coming your way.

Greg:

With the exception of the C-band separate LNBs, (I use 13/18 volt switching single LNBs) sounds much like my setup. One motorized C/Ku combo, then other fixed ku and one additional fixed C-band dish. All are handled by an 8-place diseqc switch by Amiko. Their brand has been the best 8-place switch I've used. The BIG thing is, even if you're making connect/disconnect changes on any of the legs of the switches to the dishes and the changes may be on ports you're not currently "active" on, make sure NO power is going to the switch, meaning your receiver is powered down completely. I just replaced my switch to solve a very difficult problem of port leakage/failure where scan results were not accurate. Just a heads up!

What happened Magic? Hopefully you’ll get better soon
Well three days of cardiac diagnostics culminating in a failed heart cath attempt leaves me with a bunch of new drugs I probably will hate. :( But I'll be doing frequent followups with a local cardiologist at one of the highest rated heart hospitals in the country, if the VA will cooperate.

We used to have one, but it only takes a few to abuse it and we all lose it ;)
Oh I know and I know who abused it. :D
I have thought about at times discussing with Scott to bring it back but with out the feature of blocking a post with too many.
Don't take long to think about it though, and you know why all other places on the internet does not have one.
...but hey we could have a crying face, similar to FB...in which Xenforo 2.0 does, but it will be a long time before we move to 2.0 here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts