Switching back to Dish!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
Hello! My 2 years are up with Directv and I'll be switching back to Dish. Any tips, tricks or recommendations before I do this? I'll be connecting 3 HD tv's. Thanks to anyone who has some advice!

We need more background to make a recommendation. Information about how many different views are needed at any one time and some hint as to the types of programming desired is helpful.

If you have only one viewer or 4.3 viewers makes a big difference.

Recording habits. From what equipment, program packages that you are coming from....

Definitely opt for two HWS and one wireless Joey or one HWS, one super Joey and one wireless Joey. Three tuners isn't enough for three tv's if all are used regular.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Definitely opt for two HWS and one wireless Joey or one HWS, one super Joey and one wireless Joey. Three tuners isn't enough for three tv's if all are used regular.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
He needs to give more info. Three TVs is what we (the two of us ) have, and one Hopper and 1 Joey (mirrored HDMI) suit us fine. No conflicts.

Last edited:
He needs to give more info. Three TVs is what we (the two of us ) have, and one Hopper and 1 Joey (mirrored HDMI) suit us fine. No conflicts.
What is mirrored hdmi vs wireless Joey? Do wireless Joeys come standard with new customer?

No. Wireless joeys have to be asked for, and you have to pay $50 for the WAP. A mirrored tv would mean you watch the same thing on 2 tvs. It depends on what you are looking to do.

What is mirrored hdmi vs wireless Joey? Do wireless Joeys come standard with new customer?
Mirrored HDMI means two TVs being fed off one Joey. In our case, we never watch the the two TVs at the same time. So no need for two Joeys in each room We have and HDMI splitter from the Joey to both TVs.

Mirrored HDMI means two TVs being fed off one Joey. In our case, we never watch the the two TVs at the same time. So no need for two Joeys in each room We have and HDMI splitter from the Joey to both TVs.
Are wireless joeys lower performance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)