switching from E* to D* - need 2 HD receivers (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joeb2112

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 28, 2003
43
0
did a quick search - on this forum and google - planning on moving over to Direct asap - and want to leverage the current promos. I have 3 TV's - 2 that are HD , one SD = 3 receivers needed. Also live in San Bernardino County , presume (since I get CBS HD on Dish) would qualify for HD locals when available.
Need advice on the best package to sign up for ?
Thanks!
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2005
1,973
0
joeb2112 said:
did a quick search - on this forum and google - planning on moving over to Direct asap - and want to leverage the current promos. I have 3 TV's - 2 that are HD , one SD = 3 receivers needed. Also live in San Bernardino County , presume (since I get CBS HD on Dish) would qualify for HD locals when available.
Need advice on the best package to sign up for ?
Thanks!

Make real sure you get CBS-HD or any of the other LA Stations before you jump as San Bernadino is in the Riverview DMA - not the LA.

You might have a situation where you have been overlooked or grandfathered in. That will not happen if you change services.
 
Last edited:

joeb2112

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 28, 2003
43
0
Thanks - live in Upland - so I should be ok - thanks for the info though!!
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

DTV TiVo Dealer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
727
0
Scarsdale, NY
joeb2112, I lived and worked in Ontario for many years before moving back to NY and we ship to all of southern CA from our Rancho Cucamonga warehouse. Our technicians come out of Riverside.

You need to start off with the new AT9 5 satellite antenna dish system so you will be future proof. You will automatically get HBO, SHOWTIME, Starz, the complete HD programming package and the TOTAL CHOICE package for $29.99 per month for the first 3 months. You will also get a $200 HD and $100 DVR rebate.

With DIRECTV you will also get your local LA ABC-HD, NBC-HD, CBS-HD and FOX-HD in HD through your satellite dish and very soon we'll be adding PBS-HD

-Robert
 

joeb2112

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 28, 2003
43
0
thanks for the help guys!!

Robert fixed me right up - what a great guy!!!

looking forward to D* soon - and leaving the land of Charlie behind..

Thanks again!!!
 

FKy.Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2004
220
0
Union,Ky.
joeb2112 said:
thanks for the help guys!!
Robert fixed me right up - what a great guy!!!
looking forward to D* soon - and leaving the land of Charlie behind..
Thanks again!!!

I`m right behind you, tired of the games being played with DISH, I like there service I really do/did but this latest fiasco of upgrading and HD take`em or leave packages offered etc.,etc ,now I just need to figure out all the equipment that D* has. I was pretty familiar with all the receivers, antennas etc. at E* Its going to take a little researching to know what’s what before I completely jump ship. Is there a web site that will show all the various new mpeg 4 receivers offered at D* so one can compare specs, what they look like and so on???????
 
Last edited:

mikew

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
1,763
208
Las Vegas, NV
Another Kudo for Value Electronics! HD Tivo is awesome! Got 3 DVR 80's as well (limited supply left). EQ and installer showed up on schedule. Neat clean install...what else could you ask for? Now if somebody would PLEASE buy my two 721s, I will be done with Dish...
Got the call from Dish retention asking why I left. Now they can give me a deal on HD-DVR...couldn't do anything for me two weeks ago. If they did, I'd probably still be giving them over $100/month....Oh well....Welcome to DirecTV!
 

shadyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 18, 2005
64
0
FKy.Guy said:
I`m right behind you, tired of the games being played with DISH, I like there service I really do/did but this latest fiasco of upgrading and HD take`em or leave packages offered etc.,etc ,now I just need to figure out all the equipment that D* has. I was pretty familiar with all the receivers, antennas etc. at E* Its going to take a little researching to know what’s what before I completely jump ship. Is there a web site that will show all the various new mpeg 4 receivers offered at D* so one can compare specs, what they look like and so on???????

Currently there is only one D* receiver that does MPEG-4 and that is the H-20. A good place to look up specs about it is www.valueelectronics.com, they are a very good company to deal with. Plus Satellite Guys members can get some items on discount. An HD-DVR that can do MPEG-4 will not be available until probably this summer, just an FYI.
 

FKy.Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2004
220
0
Union,Ky.
shadyB said:
Currently there is only one D* receiver that does MPEG-4 and that is the H-20. A good place to look up specs about it is www.valueelectronics.com, they are a very good company to deal with. Plus Satellite Guys members can get some items on discount. An HD-DVR that can do MPEG-4 will not be available until probably this summer, just an FYI.

Thank you sir, I have made some phone calls and did a little net surfing so I got a pretty good ideal what I`m looking for now, Thanks again!! :eureka
 

FKy.Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2004
220
0
Union,Ky.
Ricknau said:
Can you elaborate?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52226


This link will explain the upgrade needed and the frustration of those that already own { After paying a lot of $$$$$ for to begin with} their HD and DVR receivers.The thing that got me so fired up on top of having to get all new equipment myself was the newly added HD channels.If you like Voom {Which I dont} your ok I guess.The two most requested HD Channels ESPN2HD and Universal HD were added after months of waiting by loyal customers only to have them added as a package with all the Voom channels.Therefore if you wanted those two only, one had to subscribe and get all the Voom channels as well.At a hefty increase in price.Now if they had added ESPN and UHD to there existing HD pack like D* does and upped the price a few dollars more I would have stayed with E*.But with having to upgrade to new receivers,antenna,add the new HD Pack at $20-$25 I think is was on top of my AT 180 package that was enough for me.Every time a new channel comes out D* seems to add it to there lineup right away.E* on the other hand will wait and wait and you get the picture.So with the offer that D* is now offering,plus I have been wanting to get NFL-Sunday Ticket as well it all works for me as to what I want and don't want.Its just my personal preference,others obviously will have a different view on all of this,but I do see E* losing a lot of subs after this latest plan of mepg 4 conversion.If I was D* right now I would really put a big push on and to try and add more HD Channels or better picture quality to there current HD lineup now.They could make a lot of current E* customers seriously think about switching sat providers as well. Here is another link from Satelliteguys that you may or may not have read already but it to kind of sums it all up to the point of thinking about going with D* over E*.


http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51385
 

Ricknau

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 12, 2004
125
0
Wow. Those are some mega threads. That's a ton of discontent. I'm forever considering changing to Dish. I guess neither company is really out to please the HD communuty.
 

FKy.Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2004
220
0
Union,Ky.
DISH network is a very good service,it really is,but with all of this extra curricular stuff going on,plus with switching over to D* right know not only do I get the upgraded equipment {Which I would have to do at E* anyway,and who knows how long the wait would be to get it done}for free {Via the $200 rebate} I also will get the channels that I want. These are both good sat providers,but obviously they have there faults as well.So I guess it all comes down to ones personal preference. I would really like to have more HD content as well,but watching cooking channels and the world news in Hi-Def ain`t what I looking for.Let alone paying big time prices as well.I `m sorry about heaping those long threads on you to answer your question,but I figured it was the best way to not only sum up how I felt about the new changes going on at E*but how many others where a little {to be nice about it} upset as well.:mad: Was more like it I think :)
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top