Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
How is everyone doing today?
I have a question about satellite motor control.
I'm using a Fortec M-2 to track some of the ku-satellites,and USAL
If I switch out the M-2 to another brand of Fta receiver will that other brand automatically start tracking the satellites that I was tracking already using the
M-2.

M-2 is what Sadoun calls its bundled motorized package which currently comes with the Fortec Dynamic Receiver .

If you should decide to swap receivers you should be able to track all the same satellites using USALS as long as the receiver is USALS compliant and of course you would have to input all values (info) like lattitude and longitude and proper lnb type in order for it to do the same as your current receiver.

..... and don't forget you can always ask info about a receiver on this forum , it always helps to get an opinion or review of a receiver before purchasing.

M-2 .................. oh :eek:

Mercury II (2)

ok didn't realize that it was an abbreviation for the Fortec Receiver.

Well the same answer applies to whatever receiver you decide to swap it with and sorry for the misinterpretation. :eek:

I thought you were talking about the M-2 bundle from Sadoun

honestly its a crap shoot. I went from a CS5000 to a 8000 and my USALS was off by a degree

put the dish to 93W (my true south) and swapped boxes...had to set the receiver to 94W for it to work right

I've had no problems with switching receivers, except for the time I borrowed a Captain 7100. I could not get that box to drive the motor at all. Every other receiver I've tried was on the money for USALS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)