Switching Premium Channels

s0uthern

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Can anyone tell me if there is the $5.00 charge to change premium channels. I am thinking of switching from Showtime to Starz. Just was wondering if I would have to pay the $5.00 for dropping Showtime.

S0uthern

I changed cinemax to showtime and hbo to starz and had no fee.

You'll just be pro rated on the changes

Thank you all for answering my question. Its good to know there are people who will answer any and all questions.

S0uthern

I have never been able to avoid the 5.00 sidegrade fee on premiums. They did waive a downgrade charge once on my basic package because they said "I am one of their most valued customers". Is there anyone who doesn't get that message when they punch in their phone# into the automated system?

I have never been able to avoid the 5.00 sidegrade fee on premiums. They did waive a downgrade charge once on my basic package because they said "I am one of their most valued customers". Is there anyone who doesn't get that message when they punch in their phone# into the automated system?

I once changed premiums some years back and had to pay the $5.00 fee. I even read somewhere they charge it for "downgrades" and "sidegrades". I too always get that "most valued customer" line.

I don't know why you have to punch your number in because when you finally do get a living person on the phone you have to tell it to them anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)