This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Switching Premium Packages

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdotson

Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
We recently got tired of the lack of movies on HBO so we switched to Starz. Did it online and it was up and running in 2 mins. So this makes me wonder. Can you do this at any time? There are no charges so what would prevent me from switching weekly? Basically getting all the channels when I want them.

Of course there was to be something to prevent this... but I'm at a loss to tell what.

TIA

Nothing to stop you as far as I know.

You can only make package changes like that once a day on the Internet. If you call in however, you can change it all you want.

Heck once a day is plenty. I was thinking once or twice a month. Thanks

I Do It On Line & They Don't Charge Anything. I Know People Who Have Changed Programming Over The Phone & Have Been Charged A Reactivation Fee.

I can't see a way to remove programming on-line, only add... and are you sure you aren't charged any fees when switching programming on-line (potentially dropping channels- the $5 downgrade fee)? Or if you do an even swap - say Showtime for Starz - they do partial month billing on both with no fee?

It can be done online. I did it for several months last winter and would move from one premium service to another every couple of weeks or so. There is not fee for changing online. I believe there is if done through customer service.
You will see partial month billing if you change, but no more than what you would pay monthly for just one premium.
I do it mainly because I've never been able to get PPV to work properly.

Ah...sorry I just realized this is in the DirecTV forum...I have dish, and pretty sure you cannot remove programming online.

Status
Please reply by conversation.